cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_GETLIST with SAP .NET Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm tryng to call the standard bapi BAPI_FIXEDASSET_GETLIST using a SAP proxy creatde with SAP .NET connector.

I need to retrieve data into three tables:

-Timedependentdata

-Generaldata

-Depreciationareas

The data into Depreciationareas are correct.

In the Timedependentdata and Generaldata I ve the correct number of rows returned, however there are some columns empty or with wrong formt values:

-Timedependentdata

- From_date (value=000000 instead of a data value)

- To_date (value=000000 instead of a data value)

- Bus_area (blank)

- Costcenter (blank)

- Plant (blank)

-Generaldata

- Assetclass (blank)

- Descript (blank)

- Acct_detm (blank)

Using the SAP GUI and the SE37 transaction with the same BAPI (BAPI_FIXEDASSET_GETLIST) and same parameters, the SAP GUI returns the same rows for all the tables, however all the fields are filled out correctly.

Could anyone help me?

There is another BAPI that could be used in order to retreive the same tables?

Thank you in advance.

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We spent a lot of time with debugging a similar problem on the SAP and .NET components. Finally we found out that SE37 automatically filled the input variable up to the required length which NCO does not.

So my tip as referred to input variables transferred to SAP via NCO: Check the <b>exact data type definition and field length via SE11</b>, verify that you <b>submit the variable in the right length</b> to SAP and see also initial values of the used data types in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/eb2fcc358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sure that the data were transfered over the wire since I've only few field empty and the correct number of rows returned for each table.

I've debugged the SE37 SAP Gui transaction and the NCo transaction and I'm sure the input parameters are the same.

Any other input or suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

AA

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should turn on RFC tracing and check if the expected data is actually transferred over the wire.

If no: check input paramters (filters and so on). SE37 automatically fills in some input paramter that NCo doesn't. To check this you could run with ABAP debugger, both from SE37 and from NCo and carefully compare the input parameters.

If yes: This could mean that some of the attributes in the proxy are not correct. This was e.g. the case in some older NCo releases.