cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding in Receiver side file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have special characters in message structure. While writing the message to output file the special characters are not getting printed(getting replaced by '?'); I have tried using UTF8, ISO-8859-1 and other code pages related to latin characters; Still facing an issue. I have tried using Binary mode also.

I tried using similar encoding formats in sender adapter. It was working fine and all the special characters are visible.

Is this problem in receiver side file adapter? Any inputs on the same will be a lot more help ful.

Thanks in advance

Nik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have é, à and some other characters in my source message structure. The same characters are visible in message monitoring. While writing to file, they are being replaced by ?

I am using fcc in target side file channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have é, à and some other characters in my source message structure. The same characters are visible in message monitoring. While writing to file, they are being replaced by ?

This type of character are generated using UTF-8

use the same for receiver

The default setting for code page is the system code page that is specific to the configuration of the installed operating system.The content of the message needs to be converted to the corresponding code page before the message is saved as a file.

You should use this conversion only for plain text and not for XML documents. If you want to change the encoding of an XML document, then select the File Type as Binary and apply XMLAnonymizerBean as an additional module in the Module tab page.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gaurav,

I have not tried using XMLAnonymizer bean, I shall get back you all after trying this one out.

Hope it works

Thanks

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried doing the same but no use at all... Writing binary is not working.

One thing I have observed is: While viewing the payload in the receiver adapter module the special characters are being replaced by box characters.

But I have checked the same in message monitoring, output data is viewable.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which codepage should the file have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

I have a small question here.

When we are dealing with code page conversion,is it just sufficient to specify the required codepage in the receiver communication channel or do we need to do Mapping for the conversion(XSLT/Java) and then specify the required codepage in receiver communication channel as well.

Thanx

Aamir

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have plain text or CSV (file conversion), then you put the required codepage to the file adapter channel.

When you have XML, you use the XMLAnonymizerBean or a mapping.

See also this How-to guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides?rid=/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79fb42

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Stefan

Regards

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Oct 8, 2008 3:37 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For XML file use binary mode, for plain text or csv use the codepage you want.

Check which codepage you really need for your scenario.

Don't worry if the file is not displayed correctly in Notepad. Open the file with Internet Explorer and apply the corresponding codepage.

Regards

Stefan