cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Costing: Material(s) need to be given earlier date of Costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some materials need to be given earlier date of costing.

The program CK40N / CK11N does run in Test Mode, but with an earlier date (earlier from present date) it does NOT SAVE the computed cost price.

What could be the reason? How to solve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are quite correct, there is no reason for Cost Estimates to be allowed to have effectivity dates in the past (i.e., costing date from January 1, 2007 costing date to December 2007). Costing is on a go-forward basis...the costs that you enter today will be used until the cost is changed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

Is there a way to extend the validity of the current standard cost?

This is my scenario:

We released a costing run with Costing date from: 01.10.2009 and costing date to: 31.10.2009.

Now we want to "freeze" this standard until December 31st, but if we run the CK40N again, the standard will change, because moving price of the raw materials has changed.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi El Chemo,

That's an interesting case!

I don't think there is a way to change the validity of existing released standard cost estimate.

However, if you don't want to re-cost the materials for your next costing run (on 1.11.09), try using transfer control (same plant strategy) in costing variant definition. Use strategy 'previous standard cost estimate' in transfer control definition.

I've not tested this, but hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep.

Can you please explain me how to do that? I´m not so good in Product Costing but Im trying to learn!

Is a configuration issue?

Thanks for your answer!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI El Chemo,

Looks like you have not started this thread and suggest you to start a new one for obvious reasons - better responses, easy for later searchers etc.,

Yes, it is a IMG setting. Transaction OKKM.

Check the following help link for conceptual clarity::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/7e/cb938143a311d189ee0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

I'm not sure your level of knowledge, but transfer control is assigned to a costing variant which in turn is referred for costing run. First, check the existing costing variant/transfer control settings.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Pradeep kumar Athmakur on Oct 20, 2009 10:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can do the same by using a reference variant wherein you tell the system that i would like to use the esisting cost estimate and would not like to revalue the existing cost estimate. You need to create a reference variant and attach it to your costing variant (used for releasing costs)

Regards

Lalit Bhatt

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhatia,

CKR1 can be used to delete the current or the previous or the future standard cost estimate.

But at any point you can not do a costing release for a back date or for a previous period.

Also check out this,

1.If your Costing Run date is some future date ,but the Costing Date from,Qty Structure Date,Valuation

date is on system's date,then the system will allow to release the cost and the same can be checked

under Planned Price,Standard price under Current Column in Costing 2 view.

2.If your costing run date is current date & the valuation,Qty structure date is some future date,then the

system will not allow you to release the cost.

3.You can carry out a cost estimate and release it only once for a period,though you can cancle and do

a fresh costing which is not recommanded by SAP.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot save a cost estimate with a previous date. It has to be current date or a date in the future. This is to avoid conflict with valuating past goods movements.

On similar lines, you cannot release a Cost Estimate for a future period. This will create a conflict with current goods movements, with the system unable to find a cost estimate to valuate these with since Releasing a Cost Estimate will update the Standard Price of the material.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

If we reverse all the posted documents & then it can be possible to run the standard price in previous date?

& if it possible how to solve it?

RAVI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

It is just not possible to run the Cost Estimate and save it for the past date.

the only way out would be to change the system settings to past date and then doing it. But this is not right and advisable way of doing things

You can save the cost estimate only either for current date or future date as the other friend said.

best regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Just out of my curiosity I am asking,

If I reverse (reorganize) the Previous Standard Cost Estimate through CKR1, will the system allow me run CK11N with past date?

I guess your answer will be "system will not allow". But I am looking for the reason. Coz, I am reversing the previous one and I should be able to run the Cost Est for such period...logically....

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Your Guess is perfectly right.

You cannot do it.

I am not really sure about the SAP logic behind it. But from a pure accounting perspective, if you allow the cost estimate back dated and release it, then the previous valuations and reports would go wrong.

The Audit Trail for auditiors or the internal Management would go wrong.

There could other serious implications

Best Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks