cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matrix organisation for CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

< MODERATOR: Message locked. Please post this message in the [Controlling forum|;. >

Dear all,

in our company we have a matrix organisation in terms of controlling and budgeting.

That means the organisational structure of the company is represented by a cost center hierarchy.

While opening new offices across the country it is requires to have some kind of matrix structure for the CO-assignment when posting documents.

So that we have one dimension for cost centers (which represents the functional structure) and one dimension for the offices (which represents the regional structure).

As an example a posting to an expense account has to be assigned to "cost center 0815" AND "regional office Hamburg".

We now made up our minds for a couple of days but didn't find a solution. Does anybody know if this is possible at all with SAP-CO?

Many thanks in advance,

Sven

Edited by: Sven Joachim on Oct 8, 2008 12:34 PM

Would it be useful to take "functional area" as the second CO-dimension?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

There are not so many options, really. Did you consider using internal orders for the regional offices? I assume, that there is no link between the office and organizational unit, right? If you want to break the bounds of CO, you may use business area or functional area (rather business area).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

we already use internal orders for other things. Business area is to short while it only contains 4 chars and we need at least 6 chars. So I'm trying to use functional area and see if I can do my cost controlling and budgeting that way.

For planning the offices budgets (represented by functional areas now) I think I will have to use a parallel cost center hierarchie with dummy cost centers for the offices (with the same name as the functional area).

That's my theoretical concept by now. If someone has a better idea to realize matrix org.structure in CO, please please let me know! I will post the results of my attempt as soon as I have implemented and briefly tested it.

Thanks so far!

Sven

Answers (0)