cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Development Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

Along the same line of [this thread|;, I just wanted to share my experience with Development Requests submitted to SAP via [SAP MarketPlace|http://service.sap.com].

In January-February this year I have closed an oss message after a looooong discussion with the SAP folks which ended up with the classical SAP statement that "it is working as designed (although the design is crap ;-)". They nevertheless suggested me to open a development request, which I eventually did in March.

And since then, no news. Not even an acknowledgment that my request is being considered. I once called SAP support hotline about this, and they answered that they cannot influence or even simply get an updated status on development requests.

Anyone else has experience to share about this (bad or good)?

Cheers,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well, the question is : Is your company a BIG customer for SAP ?

Regards,

Olivier

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want some development done, why not ask an experienced ABAP programmer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or, If you want to replicate the development request process, why not ask an inexperienced ABAP programmer.

You know it makes sense

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Well, we are talking about modifying an SAP standard functionality to add a missing functionality here. Concretely, when processing workflow decision tasks via the Universal Worklist, some user exits are not processed (for the fellow workflow freaks I'm talking about synchronous secondary methods and programming exits).

Getting this to work would mean digging deep into and modifying the SAP standard workflow engine ABAP code as well as the Universal Worklist (JAVA) code. Something I wouldn't dare to do even with my 8 years ABAP and Workflow experience.

And even if I dared, why should I do this? SAP offers its customers with an SAP Certified Competency Centre the possibility to submit development requests through the SAP Marketplace. If not for cases similar to this one, then what is that possibility made available for?

Cheers,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Well, we are a big customer for SAP, but in a small country for SAP. So on a European or Worldwide scale probably not that big.

Cheers,

Patrick

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Getting this to work would mean digging deep into and modifying the SAP standard workflow engine ABAP code as well as the Universal Worklist (JAVA) code. Something I wouldn't dare to do even with my 8 years ABAP and Workflow experience.

TBH, I wouldn't want to go their either.

I'd chase it up with your account manager. Or move to a bigger country .