cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtered Rows - What about a 'show all' option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am currently designing a dashboard which I would like to depict a list of Projects.

The record set is very simple, and like that:

Project Name // Project Manager // Project Status // Project Description

I wanted to represent a view of the Project List, (using the list view components), filtered according to the "Project Status", e.g.:

Show all the Projects which 'Project Status' equals 'Completed'

I used the combo box component, exploiting the 'filtered rows' insertion type, and everything works fine.

(I have also read on this forum the clever workaround to concatenate multiple filters, and tested it successfully.)

But when sifting through the Project list during a presentation, the need may rise to see unfiltered data, thus not applying a certain filter. In my example, that would be showing all the projects, regardless of the 'Project Status'.

As far as I know, the Combo Box component does not allow you to select a 'show all' value, to actually skip the filter.

This would mean that, when I am including a filter in my Xcelsius model (be it a filter component or a filtered rows insertion type) I would always be bound to keep a filter selected during my presentation, losing the possibility of showing all the data. That is a hindrance that would dramatically limits the analysis capabilities of my model,

Now, since I guess that a 'show all' option in a filter drop down list is just too basic for a dashboarding tool for not yet having been asked for, I am perhaps missing something and would like to ask if someone could shed some light on this issue.

Many thanks for your time

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

I have had exactly the same requirement. Unfortunately, there is no straightforward solution at the moment.

I tried to resolve this by binding the 'selected item' property of the combo box to a "Dynamic" filter key, whereby for example, if "ALL" was selected from the combo box, the filter key associated with each data row would automatically change to "ALL", otherwise they would adopt the actual calculated filter key. I found that although the value of the dynamic filter was being calculated correctly, the combo box was not registering it. I submitted it to SAP/BO support and was informed this was due to a problem in the architecture of the component design related to a timing issue when Xcelsius updates properties. A bug report has been filed.

In the mean time, the only workaround I have come up with is to duplicate all of the data rows and assign them a filter key of "ALL". This is not the best solution but seems to be the only one that works within the context of Xcelsius's current functionality.

Regards,

Mustafa.