cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config steps required for Projection Order Process...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The requirement of my client is as follows.

1.Client wants to create an order e.g for 10000 MT and with reference to same, they will schedule the production process. Here there will be no real sold to party. This is not the real sales order from the customer and this is just like a projection order or you can say dummy order and with reference to which, production process initiated

2. Sales office personnel create the sales orders for the same material with reference to this projection order.

Note: The System should check for the stock from the stock in production or stock produced wrt the projection sales order

3. A continious tracking of the sales orders which are created with reference to the projection order is required.

Note:

Apart from the sales orders wrt projection order, normal sales orders(orders came without any special efforts from the sales personnel) also expected from the business.

Client wants to track how much sales has been generated with respect to the projected figures.

(It is only for pushing the sales by sales reps. Just like setting targets to the reps)

I'll be greatful if any body could provide the config steps to meet the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is the focus of the solution on production or on sales.

If its just on sales, then you can use the concept of contracts without pricing.

The idea is that when you create a contract, you specify the quantity, pricing, terms of payment and other things. In your case you have to create contract for the reps and see how much they project and how many sales order they make from the sales order. This way the sales order from each contract can be easily monitored in standard SAP.

The normal way of this is demand forcasting, but then you will have to build the customer hirearchy, and the bottom node would be your rep and each customer would need to have a rep.

I have given this thought on the basis of SAP 4.6C. SAP ecc 6.0 might be having a better solution for this

Hope this helps,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thnx 4 ur response.For sales tracking, what you said is correct. But using contracts, we'can do the MRP run and no planned order can be generated. The requirement is to initiate the production process with reference to the so called projection order.

Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I asked this question first. If the focus is on the production, then do one thing copy standard order into a z order type. Remove its delivery and billing functionalities. Call this as projection order.

Further customize the copy controls of this order, from sales order to sales order.

Now each sales rep is allowed to create a projection order only once. Hece on the basis of this you can start your production cycle.

In SAP the Sales rep will have to create a sales order with reference to the projection order. Hence you will be able to monitor the sale reps sale.

Hope this helps you!

Abhishek

Answers (0)