cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why suppressed grand total in crosstab still occupy the space in report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have suppressed the grand total in crosstab in Crystal Reports 2008.

It's not shown in crosstab correctly.

However, the grant total is still occupying the space in the report layout.

How is that?

Isn't it strange?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell you what, my report has already set the parameters as what you said.

But the grand total row is still taking place although not show up.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

Are you able to recreate this behaviour with the Xtreme sample xml or mdb?

If so can you provide the steps and fields used in the crosstab?

What section is the crosstab in? Group header or footer or Report header or footer?

What is the exact version of CR2008 that you are using? (can be found in Help > About Crystal Reports...)

Is there enough room below the crosstab for the next section or object to fit on the page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I am quite new to the Crystal Reports, and I am not sure how to recreate this behaviour with the Xtreme sample xml or mdb. I will try and let you know if I can do that.

1. The crosstab is in Report header.

2. CR version is:

CR Developer: version 12.0.0.683

Product Type: Evaluation.

3. I believe there should be enough space for the next section.

There are only two lines in the detail section in my report.

In fact, The Grand total fields are taking space in Design tab and so I cannot move the Page header border right next to the crosstab. ( Which is reasonable because need to let user have somewhere to click "Suppress Grand Total ? )

Although I have set "Relative Position" already for the other sections, the Page Header, a blank space is still following the crosstab before the Page Header and detail section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I have one more interesting finding.

Because I haven't found the Extreme XML or mdb, I have downloaded the "XML data sources for the Crystal Reports 2008 sample reports" from "Business Objects Downloads"

I have tried to use the XML balance_sheet1 as datasource and set as below:

Rows - Account_Type

Columns - Account_Name

Summerized Fields - Amount

There should be five rows and lots of columns. In design mode, the Grand total field is taking space as usual and I can only align the Page Header border right next to it.

However, after reviewing data, the ONE row in design mode is "expanded" to FIVE rows to adjust the real data.

It's found that the Grand total field is NOT taking space and the Page header section is closed next to the data row in crosstab.

And so I wonder whether it's due to the special data problem in my crosstab.

My crosstab is special and It's designed to have EXACT ONE row only, all the detail are placed in summerized fields and so that means only the columns will expand depending on the real data.

I did this to the XML balance_sheet1 as well by making a dummy Text formula field as Rows fields and make the summerzed fields have several fields and my case appears.

I believe there is some BUG for this case.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

I believe the developers most likely did not consider that a crosstab would only ever return 1 row and that is why you are seeing this behaviour. A workaround would be to insert a section below the RH (right click on RH and select insert Section Below). Size RHb hieght to accomodate the crosstab with just 1 row. Go into the Section Expert and select underlay following sections for RHa. This will eliminate the white space between the crosstab and the next section.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken Chen,

How you suppressed the Grand Total ? Through Format field ?

Please try this :

Go in CrossTab Expert Customize Style

Do not check the following :

Column Totals on Top

Row Totals on Left

Check the following :

Suppress Row Grand Total

Suppress Column Grand Total

Thanks,

Sastry