cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction on Discount % at document level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my client doesn't want to allow any discount at row level or document level.

I have restricted row level discount by setting max discount to 0% for all users in authorisation but still user is able to enter discount at document level.

Please suggest me how to restrict this ASAP

Thanks & Regards,

Mukesh Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you are correct but I fail to see why one would want to change the document total except for circumventing the disc issue.

(Actually a problem like this should not even be an issue for a company. If users are not allowed to give discounts, they should be prevented from doing it by company policy).

Regards

Daan

Former Member
0 Kudos

...but I fail to see why one would want to change the document total except for circumventing the disc issue.

But i see the risk, salesmen or other users do it by mistake. in the majority of cases such things are not done by evil intent. The most employees do not work against the company. But this cutouts are helpful to prevent mistakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction - You need to put the formatted search in both the Disc% field and the Value field next to it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works fine for 2 time. But if i manually change the doc total again and again, your query is duped. The doc total is changed and i can save the incorrect order / invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I managed to rsolve the same issue at one of our clients with a formatted search in the Disc% field (Document level).

Query - Select 0

Auto refresh when field changes - Document total

Regards

Daan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction!

Hi Mukesh/Steffen

If you set max discount at 0% it has no effect. If you set 2% for example, the system will limit you to NOT EXCEED 2%. When I spoke of row level changes from Form Settings, what I am referring to is when each user is logged on, clicking on Form Settings in his/her session. It will prompt for Authorized by another user, and then a manager or a super user will make the changes on that user's behalf. Unfortunately there is no CENTRAL way of a super user or manager changing the form settings per user. This could be achieved outside the system using DI API or an SDK development.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

ok, it is a little bit different in our company. We use have a general max discount. Nobody is allowed to sale with more than 10% discount (except the general manager etc). Therefor i used the max. discount in the authorization preferences. Your are right, the form setting could be changed by another user authorization, but it is a little bit uncomfortable.

thanks for your tips.

regards Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you have suggested would limit discount at row level but not at document level. I want to limit it at document level too

Thanks & Regards,

Mukesh Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this case i'd like to advise to use approval procedures. the standard approval includes a max. discount check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh/Steffen

If you set max discount at 0% it has no effect. If you set 2% for example, the system will limit you to anything from 0% to 2%. When I spoke of row level changes from Form Settings, what I am referring to is when each user is logged on, clicking on Form Settings in his/her session. It will prompt for Authorized by another user, and then a manager or a super user will make the changes on that user's behalf. Unfortunately there is no CENTRAL way of a super user or manager changing the form settings per user. This could be achieved outside the system using DI API or an SDK development.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makesh

For row level, the best is to go to each user and select form settings and make sure the discount% column is not active for any users. At header level, the best is to use approval to block any document that has a discount. The Max Discount in Authorization is to set the upper limit for discount and not to block discounts. Unfortunately SAP has not provided a good and solid way to block users from posting discounts.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

For row level, the best is to go to each user and select form settings and make sure the discount% column is not active for any users.

But if you disable the customizing of forms, nobody is able to change other form preferences. If it is not necessary to you, it will be a good solution.

The Max Discount in Authorization is to set the upper limit for discount and not to block discounts. Unfortunately SAP has not provided a good and solid way to block users from posting discounts.

you are right, it is not to block discounts. But it blocks discounts and cause of SAP does not offer a really exact solution, you could use it.

e.g. We could not block the form preferences for each user. So it is possible to display the row discount and we enable max. discount. Do you have a better solution, it would be nice.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can enable max. discount for user. have a look in admin -> system ini. -> authorization - > general authorization

there you can find max discount per user account.