Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Work Flow

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to trigger a Work flow when ever user clicks a buton on the portal.i know there some function modules like

SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW but is it right call this

FM can you please put some light on this concept.

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the manual triggering of workflow, we make use of the function modules like SWE_EVENT_CREATE and SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW. As you want to trigger the workflow when a particular button is pressed, you can use the function module SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW in which the only parameter to be passed is the number of the task or the workflow template that you want to start.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick response ,but my doubt is from which end do we need to define this function module .If it is R/3 side then

And how to instantiate this FM from the portal

any links and documents which gives me a clear idea from both the end (R/3 and from Portal side is helpful)

TIA

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure but as far as I know, what you can do is to create a RFC in R/3 in which internally this function module is executed. Then you can call this RFC from the portal.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> I am not sure but as far as I know, what you can do is to create a RFC in R/3 in which internally this function module is executed. Then you can call this RFC from the portal.

>

> Hope this will help.

>

> Regards,

> Samson

Actually that is bit of double work as all the SAP_WAPI FM's are already RFC enabled.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks