Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Role to Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to give the user access to limited profit centers in a particular Business Area

Suppose Bus Area ABCD and profit center AB0001 to AB0099 when there are profit center till AB0501.I Defined the same in the SU01 and assigned the role to the user.

And when I entered the Business Area and Profit center range in the Change Role Authorization i tried to save the same and generate profile but i get a message Authorization is full.Please enter fewer values.

I tried to post a document with the Users ID with profit center AB0199 and i was able to post the transaction even when i was defined the Profit Center range 0001 to 0099.

Can some one please advice a detailed solution for the issue

Thanks

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution may be to split the role. I suspect the business area is an organizational field.

If not, creating copies of the relevant object(s) within the role and spreading the business area authorizations over the copies may help.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution may be to split the role. I suspect the business area is an organizational field.

If not, creating copies of the relevant object(s) within the role and spreading the business area authorizations over the copies may help.

0 Kudos

yes,

unfortuantely the automatic splitting of authorizations does not work for authorization objects with more than one field (see last paragraph of note 410993), so unfortunately the splitting has to be done manually...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can also have a look into SAP Note 943796.

Thanks,

Saby..