cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset credit limit via FD32

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, pls advise any impacts if I change credit limit directly in central data & in status, i.e. not use "reset" function? Many thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, cathy.

when you make organization changes (e.g. credit limit) in fd32, it is better to execute tcode F.28 to properly reflect these changes. otherwise, you will find problems in your new settings.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

I can give you a small example which i have come across in my project which had the impact of FD32:

1) Consider you want to block all your newly created customers if the amount in sales order exceeds 5000 USD.

Then you first set the limit 5000 in FD32 and create a new customer XYZ and then raise a sales order. The system will not allow you to save the sales order if you have exceeded 5000 USD.

Hence FD32 will impact at your customer level as well as the sales order level.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Preethi.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi, thx for yr prompt reply. I'd like to clarify further.

When I use "reset" function to change credit limit, the system will pop up messages to remind me. If I directly change credit limit in the relevant fields instead of using "reset", no messages pop up & the change can be done. U know, the changes are made in the same fields, no matter what change methods are used.

But my concern is whether the direct change will have bad impact...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy

It doesnt have any bad impact, I feel

Please test the same i dev server. I

have changed limit for the customer in central data directly, but couldnt find any impacts.

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy

In central data individual limit you can maintain the limit say 10000 USD to the customer. But in status if you maintain 600 USD the system will allow 600 USD credit limit to the particular customer.

Individual limit in the sense the customer is eligible for 1000 USD credit limit but in status if you maintain 600 USD, you are giving the customer only certain amount of available credit limit as of now.

So you can increase the credit limit in central data, it doesnt create any impact in the system. But if you try to reduce the amount maintained in the status, system wont allow. (vice versa)

Regards

Deepu Pillai