Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a new UOM to SRM !

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are presently in the release SRM Server 5.0. There is a new UOM added in the backend system, and I want to replicate the same from the backend system to SRM.

Could you let me know if there are any standard function modules which help serve this purpose?

Also, I happened to check the delta download feature - transaction R3AC3 in which I find the customizing adapter object "DNL_CUST_BASIS3", where I think I should be able to set the filter to upload a particular UOM to SRM.

Could you help me with the steps for just replicating one UOM from backend to SRM? Also what are the other available options for achieving the same?

Looking forward for your replies !!

Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try easily via R3AR2 and run this request via R3AR4 .

You can monitor via r3ar3.

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to transaction CUNI and select which you want to adjust with the backeend system.

Then click Utilities --> Adjustment --> Enter(select) the R/3 connection

System will display the ISO code or Dimension( Highligthed in the green colour) which is not available in the local system and you can replicate the same using the adjust button.

I am not sure this will work for UOM.

Kind Regards,

NMK

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your answer. However, I am a little confused here.

In the transaction R3AR2 ( Request Header), I see that we have a maintainable view for the fields ReqName, ObjName,ObjClass, Inactive,Use Once & Creator.

This view is however blank and hence in the transaction R3AR4, I do not find any values for the Request name.

Could you help me proceed further as to what values needs to be maintained?

Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

click request details change button and you may get new enties.

click new entries enter a table name t006 (UOM) and filed name and your filter conditions.

BR

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 8, 2008 2:41 PM

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks NMK - But I do not have the authorization to adjust the UOM's ! Is there any other way?

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I clicked on new entries and here is what I was asked to fill.

Request name

Adapter object.

Underneath I find the checkbox for Inactive and Use once.

Now in the Adapter object - I could not find the table t006 entry.

However, there were customizing objects for CRM for eg: DNL_COND_A064, DNL_CUST_CUST1, etc..

Which one do I need to select for the UOM?

Awaiting reply from your end.

Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NMK,

Adjustment is for only ISO code and Dimension available not for UOM.I believe we must pull them right ..

Am I right ?

BR

Muthu

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I agree that we have to pull the data from backend. My question is what is the Adapter object entry that we need to set for the UOM - so that we could pull the new UOM to SRM?

Please let me know the same.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check your business mail. i sent you a piece of document.

Muthu

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Great ! Now I find that the new UOM is transferred to the Units of Measurement in SRM ( transaction CUNI).

However, this Unit of measurement is a catalog UOM and hence we need to set this under the ISO codes as well.

Could you let me know if it is possible to extend the UOM to ISO codes as well? If so, what process should I follow.

Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your backend CUNI . You can see your UOM for ISO code.

BR

Muthu

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

My question was that in CUNI, the new UOM does not reflect in the ISO codes. How can we replicate that?

Also, I have a larger issue that the Units of measurement option in transaction CUNI now only display the new UOM.

All the other UOM's have vanished after I ran R3AR4! Could you suggest how to get all the previous entires maintained in Units of Measurement in SRM?

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do initial download for that customizing object in r3as.

DNL_CUST_BASIS3.

BR

Muthu

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks I already did that and got the other UOM's as well. However, I thought that using r3ar4, I should have been able to get only my new UOM added but it replaced all.

Also, any idea how to add the UOM to the ISO codes in CUNI.

Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Could you update me on my questions?

What is r3ar4 used for -- it deleted the present entries in the table t006 and then I had to do initial download.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

SAP SRM