Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent objects - base table syntax error

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've created a persistent object for a ztable, then the customer has asked me to change the counter field from numc 3 to numc 5, and also remove a field I've done this, and activated and adjusted the table in SE14.

Now, in SE24, I've gone in and adjusted the persistence mapping. When I activate the persistent class, I now get a syntax error in the base class, because it's still referring to components of the old table structure.

When we change the structure of the underlying table, do we have to delete and recreate the persistence classes? Is there a "repair" option?

( It seems it would be useful to have a tool that would generate a basic persistent class directly from a table ).

matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

There is no repair option. As far as I'm aware the persistence class builder function doesn't recognise changes to data types unfortunately. In similar circumstances I've solved the problem by deleting and recreating the class. It's not ideal but at least it's a quick process.

Regards,

Steve.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

There is no repair option. As far as I'm aware the persistence class builder function doesn't recognise changes to data types unfortunately. In similar circumstances I've solved the problem by deleting and recreating the class. It's not ideal but at least it's a quick process.

Regards,

Steve.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feared that would be the case. I'll get on developing the tool to generate class automatically from a table.

0 Kudos

If you do create some code to create persistent classes and you're feeling generous I'd be interested to see it.