Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to hide selective fields in CRM UI through role restriction.

Hi,

I have a customer requirement of certains fields like payment cards and bank details should be in display only mode for Business partners while the other fields are in change mode.

This setting is for general sales employee but other power users can have all the fields in change mode. I have made it possible in ABAP with SPRO settings and role restriction but it is not reflecting in CRM 2007 UI. I have to implement the same in UI as well. Is there any UI related SPRO setting i am missing? I have to made it possible through role restriction.

Is there other way to implement the same?

Regards,

Raj Kiran

Edited by: Raj Kiran on Oct 8, 2008 2:32 PM

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

I am not sure if there is any configuration setting for your requirement in SPRO in CRM.

However the input enable/disable can be controlled in GET_I method for that parameter in the context node. Once you generate the GET_I method (if not present) you need to set field rv_disabled TRUE or FALSE. Since your requirement is on role based I would suggest you to check the current Role key in this method to contol enabling and disabling of the field (see method DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION on the main window class of the component for reference to read current role key).

-ASB

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question