cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide selective fields in CRM UI through role restriction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer requirement of certains fields like payment cards and bank details should be in display only mode for Business partners while the other fields are in change mode.

This setting is for general sales employee but other power users can have all the fields in change mode. I have made it possible in ABAP with SPRO settings and role restriction but it is not reflecting in CRM 2007 UI. I have to implement the same in UI as well. Is there any UI related SPRO setting i am missing? I have to made it possible through role restriction.

Is there other way to implement the same?

Regards,

Raj Kiran

Edited by: Raj Kiran on Oct 8, 2008 2:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if there is any configuration setting for your requirement in SPRO in CRM.

However the input enable/disable can be controlled in GET_I method for that parameter in the context node. Once you generate the GET_I method (if not present) you need to set field rv_disabled TRUE or FALSE. Since your requirement is on role based I would suggest you to check the current Role key in this method to contol enabling and disabling of the field (see method DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION on the main window class of the component for reference to read current role key).

-ASB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

For these changes to reflect to the Web UI, you will have to do the following

1. Goto IMG>CRM> UI Framework> UI Framework Definition> Configure User Interface.

Here enter the component which you can get by pressing F2 on the web UI screen of the desired operation (here it must be the screen where you create or edit the BPs). Hopefully it is BP_DATA for you. Go in display mode for the component

2. Choose the view. Which again you can get by clicking F2 on the desired field on the web UI.

3. After choosing the correct view, double click on it, and you will get configuration tab on the RHS. Choose the tab

4. Here enter your user id and password again.

5. Select the default configuration and copy it to the searched combination of Config key, Component usage, Object type and object subtype. This information is again available from the F2 help. When you choose F2 help on the field, it shows you the searched info and actually available information about the combination of the config keyscomp usageobject type.

6. Now open the new configuration in change mode, and press Alt+ click on the desired field. A new box opens on the LHS. Here you can enter if the field is mandatory or display mode for this particular view which can differ based on combination of the above mentioned four keys.

Now you can show different views of the same information to different users depending on their config keys.

Hope this would help solve your issue

Regards

Rekha Dadwal-Shet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ASB gives right answer.

Cheers,

Hem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj kiran,

You can achieve this by using UI configuraton tool. Confirgration is role dependent.