cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Groups to be assigned to Portal users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to assign Users to Portal Groups.

Now there are 700 users and it's very difficult to assign the group to each user.

When i go to group and search users with the portal gives me that

"Last search returned 999 elements. This exceeded the defined max hits of 200. Narrow your search criteria and search again"

is there any easier way that with one go i can assign mass users to a group.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Not sure of your UME datasource is LDAP. If so, then its easy as LDAP Security Groups are "replicated" into the Portal as Groups. Thus allowing you to maintain mass user assignment via LDAP.

If your UME is not LDAP, then checkout the below threads on mass user asisgnment to either Roles or Group via text file upload. I'm sure thats where you can get your answer and the steps to take. Good Luck !!

1) Mass user assignment to portal role

2) Assign mass users to a role by script/code

3) How to Mass upload users in NW'4 SR1(EP6 SP9)?

4) Mass user assignment to groups

Hope that help.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Thank you.

But in my scenario:

"Portal Groups are UME source" and "Users are LADAP users".

Is there any format or any way for assigning these LDAP Users to the Portal groups (UME database).

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have the same situation as you. My UME is LDAP and I also use Portal Group. Since your UME datasource is in LDAP, that means that the Security Groups in your LDAP will also be "replicated" (like your users), from LDAP to the Portal. Users in LDAP are "replicated" as users in Portal. Security Groups in LDAP are "replicated" as Group in Portal.

To make it simple explanation, I do my user management in LDAP and also assignment of user to Security Groups (assignments are also "replicated" into the Portal) in LDAP. What needs to be done after the "replication" is to link Portal roles into the Group accordingly. This way, user management are done in LDAP and in the Portal admin, you work on only linking the relationship between Portal Groups to Portal Roles.

There is also a hidden advantage with LDAP as UME datasource, that you can do mass user assignement/deletion/updates that the Portal has limited possibilities (thats the answer of your question actually ) ).

Make sure that your naming convention use in LDAP for teh Security Groups are linking to that in the Portal, this way, it will help you manage them in a more easy way (Role to Group relationship, so that you can identify which Group is link to which Portal Role).

Also one important poiint for the above setup is that after all the setup is done and you have it working, ask your LDAP Admin NOT TO MOVE/EDIT any of those Security Groups without your permission. Any changes done will break the relationship link that you have created between the Group and the Portal role (heads up advise for you ) ).

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions. Nic Weekend !!

Ray

Edited by: Raymond HENG on Oct 10, 2008 8:38 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

erp_superman
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you go to User Administration->Identity Management->Search Criteria: Group

Enter the group >Go

Select the group

and hit Export.

I get a list of users assigned to the group, all on the same line, with each user separated by a semicolon. The group I searched had around 3500 users in it YMMV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please go to enterprise portal then select user administration --> group then modify> assigned user-->multiple select user like e33* --> go button > press ok -

>add> save

Thanks

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can make use of a script like this

[group]

gid=GroupName

user=UserList

and use the import functionality under identity management to get them into the system

Also if your using an LDAP and your group & users both are on the LDAP itself then you could also make use of a LDIF script file to assign users to groups and execute those commands on the LDAP server

Thanks,

GLM