cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 upgrade problem: COPA data interface error

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear community friends:

first ,sorry for my poor written English,Please ask me if you can't understand what I said wholely.

After using the ECC6.0,there is a problem in data interface in COPA module.some fields are enlarged automactically: for example. The field "WERKS" is enlarged to 8 digits while the original is 4 digits.The t_code is "kefd". While you input a sendor structure,you will get all the fields,based on which you will sender a file.In ECC 4.6,The field "WERKS" is 4 digits.But in ECC6.0, It is 8 digits. Cause the recevier's filed is 4 digits,then comes the error.

Abaper found the field structure is read form the system table: INDX.But it is cluster,We can't find the detail data.

who know's the problem?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I believe it is just double the "standard" length for all fields. I have found that that does not affect data upload or quality.

Incase you have problems, you can consider using Special Coversion Routines... E.g., for the field ARTNR, the system uses preceeding zeros. These can be omitted in your upload file if you use the Special Conversion Routine MATN1.

In order to find the routine relevant to the field, display the domain in SE11. You should find it in the tab "Definition" (E.g., MATNR --> MATN1).

All the fields need not have conversion routines. If thats the case ignore it and use the value with the original length (e.g., Company Code - 4 characters). It works - atleast for me.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

According to what you said, I found not all the fields double their length. Just all the fields with "C" character do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has it affected your data load... to be honest, I don't know why the system does it, but it does not affect data load. I've never had problems with this doubling up of fields lengths - all my clients had smooth uploads and valuations.

I'd suggest you go ahead with the data load exactly like you would where the lengths do not double up... to identify the true fields lengths, read your structure in SE11. That always displays the true field length.

Alternatively, if it does affect dataload, I'd be interested in the error message... for one, it might provide additional insight into the doubling up of fields.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

3ks

I'll try,and give you the result ASAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

According to what you said, I found not all the fields double their length. Just all the fields with "C" character do it.

Any one knows about that?