cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Sizing (Sample)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I know I need to go through the sizing questionaire but is unable to do so as I'm only conducting a conceptual study. I need some high level sizing estimate done for a high-end retailing with about 150 stores and would like to know the what kind of sizing any of you have encountered?

Should it be setup seperated or together with ecc 6.0?

Appreciate any information shared. Thanks.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I don't have specific sizing information outside of what exists in the Quicksizer, but I can address your second question:

<< Should it be setup seperated or together with ecc 6.0?

You'll need to know conceptually how you plan to deploy GTS. I.e., whether you plan to have GTS on its own separate instance or whether you plan to install GTS in the same physical instance as ECC. Both options are possible and have sizing implications.

Choosing the former will place a higher load on the RFC connections as ECC sends master and transactional data over to GTS and thus you'll need to know approximately how many customer/vendor/material masters you need to send (and, how often they are changed as the deltas will be sent over once changes to master data write a change pointer and that change pointer is picked up and sent to GTS via RBDMIDOC) and approximately how many SD and MM document you send daily (this is used in the SAPS calculation).

If you deploy GTS in the same physical instance as ECC, the load on RFCs will be less (since the RFC does not open a connection to an external system, but rather to a different logical system [client] in the same instance), but most customers avoid this option as certain functions of GTS (e.g., SPL screening) are too resource intensive to be deployed in the same instance as an ECC system.

Hope this helps you along a little...

Regards,

Randy

Answers (0)