Did you mean: 

Can't see iView exceptions at the defaultTrace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I receive this red error on an iView (for example):

Exception id: 03:31_07/02/06_0280_3927452

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

At my development portal I can see it at the defaultTrace but when I receive it at my production portal I don't see anything. The only difference between the two is the the development portal has one node and the production portal is clustered with 3 nodes which all of them (I think, since I haven't changed the default values) write to the same defaultTrace file. I have two questions:

1. Why is this happening and how can I see the error at the production portal as well?

2. How can it be that the portal displays a message saying that the error has an ID which has been written to the log file yet I can't see it?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

> write to the same defaultTrace file

No, each node has it's own log directory and with that, it's own default.X.trc files.

Anyhow, if you want to determin the node which will receive your calls, on the first call pass the saplb parameter, see /thread/96544 [original link is broken] - this way, you can directly navigate to the correct log where you expect your logged exception.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Detlev,

Thank you, I was aware of the fact that I can redirect myself to a specific node. Is it possible to cause all nodes to write to the same defaultTrace?

Roy

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

> was aware of the fact that I can redirect

... but not of the fact that this may be important for you haven't been aware of the fact that the nodes are <i>not</i> logging into the same default.X.trc by default...

> possible to cause all nodes to write

> to the same defaultTrace

No.

Anyhow, you can merge the different default.X.trc files from different nodes using the LogViewer, so you search in "one" merged log, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/63/ca77ee8aff1b408c87b749bd59b19a/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Detlev