cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of toolbar with custom button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have actually the task to enhance the toolbar with a custom button zcancel.

I did the necessary customizing to view the additional button in the webclient.

It works fine and looks really pretty.

But now the problem: I am not able to catch any event by click on this button, also i didnt find any customizing view where i can assing an event or a handler class to this button.

Could anyone give me a hint where toolbar buttons are assigned to handler classes / events?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Event raised from toolbar can be handled in class CL_CRM_MCM_SESSION method ACTION_HANDLER

Try it out, hope it helps

Regards,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

thank your very much for your help. This was the the hint i needed!

You got 10 Points!

regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have a similar requirement like yours .

I have to change the functionality of "END" button on the toolbar .Standardly when i click on the END button , it saved the current open Interaction record document . Its code is written in class CL_CRM_IC_INTERACTION_MGR_UIU , method SAVE_INTERACTION_AND_BO_LINKS .

But my req is , i dont want to save the document on the click of END button ,

I had created a new button ZEND in the customizing and attach it to toolbar profile . Now my ques is where to write the Z code for this button , and if i create a Z class for it , then how can i attach it to the END button .

Currently when i am pressing the ZEND button , it is giving me the warning message "Communication Management Software System is not configured" . Could you please tell me , where the problem is and how can i solve it .

Thanks in Advance

Manish

Edited by: Manish Mittal on Nov 4, 2008 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a custom button in IC Toolbar and method ACTION_HANDLER of class CL_CRM_MCM_SESSION is triggering with action name. But please let me know how to use this method to write my own code on the button click.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Do you find a solution for this?

Thanx in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check have u create event handler for this button like for example EH_SEARCH and calling this event in DO_HANDLE_EVENT.

U can create event handler by right click on Event Handler Tab in ur view.After this double click on ur event handler method It will automatically generate a WHEN statement with this event.Now u can write what ever code u want add in this event handler method .

One more thing check entery is available in GT_BUTTON table for ur new added button in DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT or in IF_BSP_WD_TOOLBAR_CALLBACK~GET_BUTTONS method of IMPL class of ur view.

Refer BPHEADOverview of BP_HEAD component for refrence.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

thanks for your quick answer!

I would like to ensure that we are talking about the same toolbar buttons.

I am talking about the toolbar at the top of the window,

which contains the buttons with the telephone funtionality.

If your also talking about this toolbar, my next question is how to catch these events?

Do you enhance the component where the toolbar is dsplayed?

Do you know the name of this component?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Web Client ToolBar buttons are controlled by ToolBar profile in your webclinet profile.

For creation of the toolbar profile go to

SPRO >> Customer Relationship Management >> Interaction Center WebClient >> Basic Functions >> Communication Channels >> Define Toolbar Profiles

If you want to create the button itself for use in the toolbar profile you can go to

SPRO >> Customer Relationship Management >> Interaction Center WebClient >> Customer-Specific System Modifications >> Define Toolbar Buttons

After this assign this toolbar profile to ur business role.

Follow these steps and check ur button works or not.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

i already have been so far. As i discribed in my first post, the customzing worked fine, but i can not catch any event.

So what to do???

Regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CL_CRM_IC_INTERACTION_MGR_UIU is the class which handel Intraction center tollbar button event.Check this class for ur requirement.

Also check 971941 and 974960 notes.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Gaurav,

i ll try this!

Regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

unfortunatelly these hints didnt bring a solution to my problem...

any further idea?

Regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Try enhancing the BSP Component IC_BASE using Transaction SE80.

you would find the details for other push buttons like 'Conference' etc in Pages with flow logic.

Let me know if it helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binno Don Thomas,

umfortunatelly there's no success.

Regards Andreas