cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Hyperlink in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in in need to display a URL as a hyper link in the smart form

i have used the character format <%W> -

</> but as the length of URL is exceeding three lines the hyper link (underline) is visible only for first line and the next two lines are as normal text.

when i click on first line it is showing hand symbol and it is taking the whole value of the URL to navigate.

but when i click on second line or third line no action is taking place.

can any one please explain me why this is happening and also any resolutions to do

kindly revert back as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.

Tulasi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

parshuram_kokare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi

Have you resolved this issue? I am also facing the same problem. I have long hyperlink in a variable and it is going to sencond line in PDF of smartform, but in smartform only for first line I have underline and hyperlink. For second line there is no hyperlink and no blue color underline.

Do you have any suggestion for this?

Thanks & Regards,

Parshuram.

krishna_k17
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

carla_seehausen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krrishna,

this forum is meant for knowledge exchange for everybody. So if a solution is found it should be posted so that it is accessible to everybody and not be sent by e-mail to just one person.

Regards,

Carla

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you resolved this issue,. I am also facing the same problem. I need to create a hyper link in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of taking the value in a variable, if we hard code the text then hyper link will be displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I wanto display a URL of about 700 characters in the smart form

Pls help

Thanks and Regards,

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

for what ever the text you want to insert hyper link in the text element go to change editor then it will open a script editor. in that for the text u want to insert hyper link place that text in between <%W> and </>

for example if you want to insert hyper link for click here then place the text like this

<%W>click here </>

<%W> is the character format for displaying hyper link.

Once u add that one if you try to change the editor it will give a message saying special characters will be deleted. then you select NO in the dialog.

or there is another way to insert hyperlink

in the smart form text element you choose the text for which you want to insert hyper link and then in the menu u will find insert --> then click on insert hyperlink.

Hyper link will be displayed.

Thanks & regards,

Tulasi.

mahaboob_pathan
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree Lakshmi,

Hyper link issue is still unsolved, but instead of taking the value in a variable if we hard code the value then i think hyper link will display.

Thank & regards,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply deepthi. But my rquirement is to attach the hyprlink to text . for example if my text is click here. if i press on text click here url has to be generated

regards,

sreelakshmi

Edited by: Sreelakshmi p on Nov 11, 2008 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a requirement xactly like yours can u please tell me how to attach hyperlink in smartforms

regards,

sreelakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tulasi,

Create the character format in the smartstyle(i.e smarstyle transaction) .

In character format--> FONT TAB --->

check the check box of underlinr.

color --> blue.

Include this smarstyle in the text node of the

smartform ---> OUTPUT OPTIONS --> style ' '.

Select the text in the text node and assign the character format

display the URL accordingly.

Regards,

sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravanthi,

as per your suggestion i was able to get underline for the url

but actually the requirement is i need to get a hyperlink

so that i can navigate through that link

as of now i was able to get the hyper link (bule colour underline and a hand symbol when the cursor was placed over it) for the first line but not for the second and third lines.

so..... kindly any other suggestions

Thanks,

Tulasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tulasi,

Goto the text editor --> enter next line --> tag coulmn --> select the continous text for the text and display accordingly.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sravanthi,

Your suggestion was good.

but actually what is happening is, i will get the URL from the form interface structure in to a field

and in the form i am displaying that feild. (kindly reffer the above comments i have explained the scenario clearly over there).

thanks,

Tulasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the paragraph same as character format and try it once.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i am new to smartforms, can you please explain me is it possible to create a paragraph format for displaying hyper link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried by giving the character format <%W> for a sample text. Iam able to get the underline with blue colored output for multiple lines.

have you closed the character format after end of the line.

ex: [ * ] <%W> This is a sample text, This is a sample text

[ = ] This is a sample text

[ = ] This is a sample text <'>

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

actually what is the scenario is

there is one feild in the form interface structure (QA_URL)

and this field will hold different values based on the selection

and in the text element i am displaying this variable as <%w>&QA_URL&<\>

yes i am closing the character format also.

when i debuggued i have found that at run time the variable QA_URL is holding the below value

https://vd09cs01.sce.com:8001/sap/bc/erecruiting/qa_email_e?PARAM=YWN0X2d1aWQ9NDhDQTU0M0FDOEVFMDEwQU...

when finally the output is displayed i was able to see the hyperlink (underline ) only for the first line

Edited by: Tulasi Deepthi on Oct 8, 2008 11:32 AM