Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Splitscreen Editor - Classes & FM

megha_h
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new but have an idea about ABAP objects. My requirement is as follows-

I have to create a cutsom splitscreen editor. On left side, there would be a program which should be editable(just like SE39) whereas on right side, I will have my comments(populating from table and non editable).

Now my problem is that SE39 is purely based on ABAP objects. And I tried to play around Workbench manager classes but went unsuccesfull.

Can anyone help me with this ?

Are there any steps or any simpler FM ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Megha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use the splitter container for splitting of the screen cl_gui_splitter_container.

for showing the program in text editor you have to use the class cl_gui_textedit

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use the splitter container for splitting of the screen cl_gui_splitter_container.

for showing the program in text editor you have to use the class cl_gui_textedit

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I can use the classes cl_gui_splitter_container and cl_gui_textedit. But then i am not directly making channges to the source code. In this case, the complete source text(which we copy to the left container) has to be overitten to the original source which i want to avoid.

I want the changes directly to the source code just like SE39.

Regards

Megha

0 Kudos

SE39 doesn't directly change the source code. It uses READ REPORT to get the source code, and INSERT REPORT to write it back.

You'd be doing exactly the same with your application.

matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Are you sure that SE39 uses READ REPORT and INSERT REPORT ?

Coz i searched a lot, but coudlnt find anywhere...

Thanks !

Regards

Megha

0 Kudos

Totally certain - check function module "SAVE_SOURCE".

matt

0 Kudos

Thanks for help, Matt and Vijay.

Regards

Megha