Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders affected after KM Content Transport using ICE Methodology

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am encountering a strange behaviour when I use ICE methodology to Transport KM Content.

When I migrate a particular folder using ICE package, the folder gets transported successfully to the target system, but after the Transport, the other folders in the target system are getting affected.

Can anyone tell me the reason for this starnge behaviour of ICE package.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what sense other folders are affected????

Please explain the behaviour in detail,

Which ICE Exchange methodology you are using,is it online transport or offline transport???

I think you must be using offline transport......please provide me details so, i can help you out

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using ICE protocol using Offline Channel, as you guessed.

After I import the ICE package to the Target System, the content (i.e files) present in other folders in KM (in Target System) are getting replaced by some unknown files.

For E.g: Consider I am transporting a folder, say "F1" to the target system. After the import of ICE package, "F1" folder is imported successfully to the Target System. But the other folders in Target System KM, say "F2" is getting affected. The files in folder "F2" are getting replaced by some unknown files.

Any idea on this ?

Regards,

Adren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow below defined process

Go to -

>Content Administration--->KM Content->go to ice(folder)->go to Syndicator->go to Global Offer

> Clear (delete) all folder shortcut links>above breadcum you will see Folder command click there-> Select New>Select Link>Browse and select the folder you want to transport->select the folder link and click on Complete Package--> file will be downloaded

This file you can upload in other server through Content Management---->Package Upload---> Browse and select file and upload

I think you must be doing the same process but you might not be clearing old folder links which can cause the problem and replace other folders whose link is there available in Global Offer folder.(This step in process is highlighted with underline)

Just Clear and try once ....

Regards,

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

We have tried doing what you have suggested but still somehow the modified date and modified by properties of some folders which are not transported are also getting affected.

Consider the following hierarchy

Migration

-

Content A

-

Resouces

-

Images

-

Content B

-

Resouces

-

Images

The parent folder is migration under which we have folders content A and content B. Both ContentA and ContentB have the two folders, resources and images.

When we migrate content from Content B->Resouces, the modified by and modified date of the content A folder are changed too. It is a little perplexing that such wierd changes are only happening to the migration folder whereas the transporting contents from other folders behave as expected. What could possibly be the issue.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case i am blank i am not getting what could be the possible reason.....

pls raise OSS

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

As you had mentioned, I was not deleting the old shortcut links.

10 points rewarded. Thanks a lot

Regards,

Adren

Answers (0)