cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to keep batch in my process can i know the procedure?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

On the initial screen of your application choose Logistics>centrel function>batch management>Batch determination>For process order -->Batch search strategy --> Create.

Procedure

On the initial screen of your application choose Batch search strategy -->Create.

Choose the strategy type, say choose co02

If you want to see a list of the strategy records available, choose Strategy info.

Choose the key combination-

Enter the required dat-->say plant ,production order type, product,valid from and component for which you want to have this

Choose Selection criteria push button

If no values have been entered, enter the selection class and the characteristic values.

Go back to the screen on which you create a batch search strategy.

Choose Sort if required(it should be defined earlier(in CO70- here you are giving the charateristic name on which you want to sort)

Choose a sort sequence.

save.

Check also in COR4, for the combination of plant and order type...you have selected search procedure-Co0001

This is linked to stg what you have eneterd above.

the "strategy type" (COB1) depends from the "search procedure" in COR4

Please come back if you need more help

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i got the batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,but i want to give shelf life period for the raw material and it should pick the material in sequentially accoring to the shelf life period.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For this you have to have the LOBM-VFDAT as characteristic in your batch and batch search strategy.

And Maintain the self life in Plant storage 1 view so system will search bach according to your self life and sort rule which assign to bach search procedure in MBC1.

Please refer: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/25/283ae04f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

Thanks for the reply,but i want to make batch split,so that i want to consume some quantity from diffrent batches,kindly help.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the required qty cannot be supplied from a single batch or due to process reasons, Batch split is used.

The max no of splits is defined in the Strategy Type.

As a standard, when the batch search strategy automatically picks the batch, it creates an additional line, whether only one batch is selected or multiple batches are selected.

If you enter the batch manually then you can do that directly for order.

go to MIGO execute with order number and select teh cehck box and click on distribut qty button it shows like X

the you can split the qty then system automatically it praposes different batches

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai brahmankar,

Thanks 70% issue solved,system is praposing when we do manual posting MB1C ,but isnot praposing at CO11N confirmation.kindly help.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean Batch Determination is happening in MB1C ?

or system will create Batch no. in MB1C during stock upload.

If you want to do Batch Determination in CO11N then you have to create Batch Determination strategy through MBC1 not COB1.The sattings are same as COB1.Batch Determination strategy created through MBC1 will work in CO11N / COR6N / COIK / MB26 / MIGO.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the link below. It has the complete details of configurations (with IMG path/Tcode) for Batch Management.

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/config-setting-in-batch-management.htm

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

brahman kumar,

is co70 exixsts?it is giving error.kindly help?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First create the sort Rule in CU70.

Then batch serch procedure in MBC for raw material with 261 movement type standard search procedure is ME01for your plant. Here you need to assign this sort rule.

And create batch search strategy for process order in COB1with search strategy CO01.

And go ahead.

Batch management> Batch serach procedure allocation and check activation. T.Code to be looked specifically OMCG , CORC

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai brahman kumar,

Can u tell me by step wise,am unable to determine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain tick in Batch Management Check BOx in Work Scheduling view of Material Master.

Further you also need to maintain tick in Batch Record Required check box and Batch Entry field required to maintain as per your requirement i.e. Manual / Automatic Batch determination etc.

Also you need to maintain Batch Management in Cutomization in CORY ( Production Schedulling Profile) i.e. Automatic Batch Creation & Classify Batches as per your requirement of Batch Management in Process order.

HOpe this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1.activate the batch at material evel,MM02

2.Crate the batch search strategy

for Inventry use MBC1

for production use COB1

go with help data link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/25/283aac4f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

-ashok