Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net price calculation

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have a SBO 2007 Patch 42 (not updated from 2005).

we entered an PO in with the following data:

Material: Systemtube

Quantity 2500 meters

Purchasing price: 1,07 EUR

Discount: 9.5 percent

The right net price (from our R/3 system as vendor, or from my pockel calculator) is 2420,87 EUR.

The net price in SBO is 2425,00 EUR.

I know, that the wrong calculation is comming from the decimal places in the general settings and the depending rounding method. Actual our prices are definded in the system with 2 decimal places.

To get the right result of the calculation, I have to change the decimal places of the prices to 5 decimal places, but this looks stupid in the PO and SO screen (examle 5000.00000 EUR for 5000.00 EUR) and we may get a lot of mistakes by the users if they change or enter this price manually in a screen.

I have read in this forum, that, if a SBO systems which where updated from 2005 to 2007, these systems have an additional posibility to calculate the net price (first calculation and then rounding) with a flag in the Documents settings - General tab.

How can I solve this problem ?

- Is there a way to get this flag also as "Only-2007" SBO system ?

- Or is there a way to change the display of the price field in POs or SOs to 2 decimal placed, even when it is defined with 5 decimal places ?

- Or is there any other way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Benner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I had a problem with total and VAT calculation using DI API to upload transactions on PL37 of 2007A. After logging with SAP it was fixed in PL41. The response from SAP support was that the calculation of VAT and doc total was fixed and is more accurate in 2007 than it was in 2005. Therefore I am surprised you have a problem with the total incorrectly calculating. Can you give me the line total, line vat, header vat and header total to check some calculations on my side.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

here are the details, entered or shown in SBO:

Input: Quantity: 2500

Input: Unit price: 1.07 EUR

Input: Discount: 9.05 %

Output: Gross price: 0,97 EUR -> WRONG - correct gross price = 0.96835

Output: Total: 2450.00 EUR (position) -> WRONG - correct = 2420.88

Input: No tax, because it's an related company in the european union

Output: Total Payment Due: 2425.00 EUR -> WRONG - correct = 2420.88

Michael

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Calculate the row total using the unit price :

Select to calculate the row total in marketing documents as follows:

Unit Price x Discount x Quantity. The Unit Price is the price before discount.

When deselected, the row total is calculated as follows:

Price after Discount x Quantity.

When selected, the Price after Discount in marketing documents is disabled.

Note

This option is available only if you have upgraded to SAP Business One 2007 A from previous releases

Check the following thread which discusses about tickbox.

Regards,

Jitin

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jitin,

thank you very much. This is the solution that I was looking for.

I've sended our SAP Partner this solution, so that he can request it for us at the SAP.

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

A work around would be to hide the actual Price After Discount Field and add a UDF for this with a formatted search using a CAST AS MONEY of the value in the Price After Discount Field to 2 decimals. This will solve the display issue for Price After Discount. But in order to get the price to calculate correctly you will still need to use 5 decimals for Price fields. This means the Unit Price field will also maybe need to be hidden and a UDF in its place to display the price with 2 decimals. You will then need a Formatted Search on the Unit Price field to copy the price from the Unit Price UDF.

So this will be as follows:

UDF 1 - U_NetPrc as amount field with formatted search to refresh when Doc Total changes. SELECT CAST(${$38.17.NUMBER} AS MONEY)

UDF 2 - U_UnitPrc as amount field no formatted search on this field

UnitPrice Field - Formatted Search with refresh on when exiting U_UnitPrc. SELECT ${$38.U_UnitPrc.NUMBER}

By setting the UDF's as amount fields, you will get 2 decimals instead of the price field's 5 decimals. Formatted searches don't run on hidden columns if I recall correctly, so maybe move the system's UnitPrice field to the end so users don't access it so easily.

This is a possible work around and let me know if you need further assistance with it.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Calculate the row total using the unit price:

Select to calculate the row total in marketing documents as follows:

Unit Price x Discount x Quantity. The Unit Price is the price before discount.

When deselected, the row total is calculated as follows:

Price after Discount x Quantity.

When selected, the Price after Discount in marketing documents is disabled.

Note

This option is available only if you have upgraded to SAP Business One 2007 A from previous releases

Check the following thread which discusses about tickbox.

Regards,

Jitin

Edited by: Jitin Chawla on Oct 8, 2008 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Please go to Administration > Setup > Financials > Currencies and make sure that you do not have rounding on the EUR line set. This could also influence the way the system calculates the total.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for the fast response.

Our settings for EUR are:

Rounding: No rounding

Decimals: Default

Rounding in Pmnt: unchecked

Michael