Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM12 key fields #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a table Z to which I have created a Maintain Table View.

My problem is that this table Z has 3 key fields, but on having entered the Maintain view putting in the enter conditions someone of them the entire table is blocked and it is not possible to enter another session with another key different field.

If I go to SM12, in the Lock Entry only the client field appears as key field followed of #; 200############

Why does this like that appear?

I have created a Lock Object from se11 for this table putting all the key fields, But this continues working badly.

Have I to assign this Lock Object in some place in order that this works correctly?

Thank you in advance

Edited by: Husalban RM on Oct 8, 2008 10:09 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
      • is a non-displayable character - probably binary data.

To my knowledge, table maintenance locks the whole table, so it's not working badly, it's working as designed. If you want only to lock at record level, you'll need to either modify the generated maintenance, or write your own dialog program.

3 REPLIES 3

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
      • is a non-displayable character - probably binary data.

To my knowledge, table maintenance locks the whole table, so it's not working badly, it's working as designed. If you want only to lock at record level, you'll need to either modify the generated maintenance, or write your own dialog program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have created table maintenance generator and trying to populate the value using table maintenance, the entire table will be locked.

If you do not want this, you have to create your own module pool program and update the table, using LOCK object

Regards

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

I will have to make myself my own module pool program....