Tables used by ST03N
Anybody knows the table in the database used by ST03N for displaying the dialog response time, etc. Or does anyone know how to determine the table being used by the programs?
My understanding is that we are able to query the database directly to get performance monitoring data which is the same as those displayed in ST03N. And I like to query that data directly from the database for monitoring.
Any advise will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Debasis Sahoo replied
Hello Hwee Seong,
- ST03N evaluates the content of the database table MONI.
- STAD tcode shows directly the content of stat file(s). The content of the stat file(s) is transferred regularly to the database table MONI by report RSCOLL00.
- RSCOLL00 evaluates the entries of table TCOLL to determine what actions should be executed and it calls several other reports internally.
- The data is aggregated during this transfer. RSCOLL00 runs periodically as a background job, named SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR.
"Or does anyone know how to determine the table being used by the programs?"
- ST03N uses the program SAPWL_ST03N, and if you know a little ABAP then, you can drill down inside the program/function modules and check what tables its accessing. best is to take help from ABAPer to understand.
Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 8, 2008 2:41 PM