cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM and SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know the features that CRM provides for SAP XI.

I want to know about the features that CRM have with its XI.

Any help will be great on the XI part of CRM.

My main problem is which is the best practice when integrating SAP-CRM and SAP-ISU. whether we need to use CRM Middleware or SAP-XI

If XI what is the underlying mechanism to connect CRM and SAP-ISU.

Here my scenario SAP-CRM is also connecting to SAP-BW

By considering all these things if anyone could give me a solution please.

Regards,

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI is not needed for the type of functionality you are describing. This "point-to-point" communication is handled natively between SAP systems. Basically, there is a high level of integration between the CRM and ERP system. In fact, you can run your IS-U\CCS in either the ERP or CRM system. I would prefer it to be in the CRM system as I think the CCS functionality is more a CRM service than an ERP service.

Though, I must qualify this answer. Your customer will probably have to implement some type of ESB in the mix if they intend to try and integrate some external legacy, non-SAP systems into the CRM\ERP functionality. For example, if they would like to retain the customer data in an old Billing system until the new billing system is up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Right now our customer thinking monitoring would be easy if we integrate CRM-SAP-ISU with XI.

One more thing they are stressing is if volume of data is more XI can be a better solution comparitivly CRM middleware between crm-sap-isu. i told batch process is same in both cases so the performance would not be effected much. but i'm feeling some one should qualify this answer.

In ur mail i didn't understand the exact meaning of CCS and ESB, could u pls give some eloberate information on this.

Many thanks,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun/ ravi

I'm trying to clasify the things as best practice which we can do only in CRM middleware and which we can do only by using XI.

I have to handle both the things, Who will do middleware settings, do I need some functional knowledge on this CRM and SAP-ISU.

Many thanks,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

CCS stand for Customer Care and Support with Interaction Center.This helps manage the interaction between the customers and the customer service reps. CCS tracks these interaction (e-mail, mail, phone, fax, etc.). You can look up all of the information under CRM at help.sap.com

ESB stands for Enterprise Service Bus. XI is an ESB. This is basically a hub for sending and receiving data over different transport protocols; integration hub.

In regards to your last message, best practices in an enterprise is quite a nebulous term. Especially when addressing the fact that the business system environment was created in an ad-hoc manner not with an overall architecture in mind. What really needs to be nailed down is the requirements for this project and from there you can make decisions on how to integrate ERP,ISU,CRM and XI. I can guarantee that you will not be able to do all this by yourself. You could get these systems installed but configuring these systems is a whole separate story. For example, most of the business processes have an accounting component and if you do not understand it, you will not be able to fully configure the systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

As i replied to UR post for the SRM it implies the same with CRM also ... XI has the CRM contents and in CRM the data is exchanged using proxies.

thankx,

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shree,

Thank u, I'm almost following the SRM and SAP XI subject, thanks for Anirban also for raising this subject.

In a discussion with CRM guys, they have expressed Business partners and Businee partner relation ships , contract account, workflow and front office objects information need to be exchanged between SAP-ISU and CRM and CRM to SAP-ISU.

Whether XI can do all these things and what are the pros and cons of using CRM middleware and SAP-XI,

I want to know these things to go for a stratagic decision.

Ur information related to this issue would be a great help for me.

Thanks and regards,

venu.