Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP-Rescheduling Horizon

former_member506481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could u please, explain what is Rescheduling horizon (OMDQ)?

In OMDQ , if I change planning horizon to 999 days from 100 days.What will be the effects of it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The rescheduling horizon is the period in which the SAP System checks whether the existing dates still suit the requirements situation for receipt elements that can no longer be automatically changed in the planning run. If the dates of a particular element are no longer suitable, the following exception messages are created depending on the requirements situation.

Rescheduling check is to change the dates of already existing firmed receipts which were not planned on the same day as the requirements day to suit the requirement.

For this we need to define a rescheduling horizon.

Rescheduling horizon defines the period for bringing the receipts that should be taken into account for rescheduling.

For further info: Please visit: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/pt/b4/7055967935d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

For second question, if you change it to 100 days,

If you put 100 days, for net requirement calculation, system will consider the firmed planned orders & receipts within 100 days.

If one firmed planned order is in 4 months before ie 120 days before, system will not consider for net req calculation.

Say demand is 100 on 23.09.08

Resheduling Horizon 100 days

Firmed planned order in 23.04.08

When MRP run system create planned order for 100 qty.

If rescheduling horizon 999 days, system will not create planned order & system propose reschedule the firm planned order to 23.09.08

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

The rescheduling horizon, which defines the period for bringing forward the receipts, and the receipt elements, which should be taken into account in rescheduling, are included in these.

Process Flow

Bring process forward (reschedule in)

Within this rescheduling horizon, the net requirements calculation checks whether, after a requirement, a firmed receipt exists, which can be used to cover this requirement. Then the system displays a rescheduling date as well as the exception message Bring process forward for this receipt. The net requirements calculation then uses this receipt and the system will only create another procurement proposal if the receipt quantity is not sufficient to cover the complete requirement. Several firmed receipts can be used to cover one requirement.

The rescheduling horizon is always calculated from the MRP date.

Postpone process (reschedule out), or cancel process

The net requirements calculation checks over the complete time axis whether availability could still be guaranteed without the receipt in question. If this is the case, the system checks whether the receipt planned here could be used to cover a future requirement. If the system can find such a requirement, it then displays a rescheduling date as well as the exception message Postpone process for this receipt.

If the system finds no future requirement, for which the receipt is required, the system displays the exception message Cancel process.

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member506481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

Thanks for your very informative reply.

Actually I am facing the following problem

During MRP run for a material , open PO quantity is not considered If delivery date mentioned in that open PO exceeds 110 days from planning date(MRP run date). If it is less , it considers open PO quantity.

Net requirement calculation should consider all Firmed PR/PO irrespective of Delivery Date.

I checked in OMDQ that Rescheduling Horizon is of 100 Days. I changed it to maximum days possible i.e. 999. and system started considering firmed PO.

I just want to confirm, is it the correct way(the settings which i have done) to resolve this problem?

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Regards,

Jay

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Pls donot for make vast differenc in the days in trasaction....

Let the difference be small only..

Otherwise, there could be N number of the PO's which will be opened for 999 days....and will not proper soulutions when required to get the precision reports.....

If you want to see the open PO's for date range etc...then there will be n number of PO's for the same...

So, pls dont make vast changes....

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member506481
Participant
0 Kudos

Priyanka, thanks for your reply

As I stated earlier, client wants " Net requirement calculation should consider all Firmed PR/PO irrespective of Delivery Date".

Please, suggest the solution for the problem.

Regards,

Jay

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try using MD03, with the following details:

Processing key as NEUPL

Create PR - 1

Planning mode - 3...

Use tick on display results before they are saved....

Also its impossible to have planning w/o changing the del dates....its then better to go for resheduling itself....

Otherwise make your client understand the real scnerio....talk practically to him....

Try and check....

Regards

Priyanka.P