Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc for tcode QS23

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to upload short text in tcode qs23 . when i enter plant and insp. charac. and enter and click on short text and record it,

then when i try to upload the short text the problem is that the cursor gets placed on the first character. So when i run bdc the prev text which is maintained (i am recording the enter button in the short text also) gets enterd and it is overwritten by the record in the file uploaded. How do i place the cursor at the end on the text previously present so that this problem wont persist

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the SAP script editor is the line editor (rather than a text editor) then you should be able to use the OK_CODE of P++ to get to the end of the existing text.

Darren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the SAP script editor is the line editor (rather than a text editor) then you should be able to use the OK_CODE of P++ to get to the end of the existing text.

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice requirement...

I have an idea which might just work. Call one more perform just before passing the BDCDATA from flatfile for shorttext.

data wa_fval.

perform bdc_field_get using 'BDC_CURSOR'

'Q0014-BETRG'.""" To fetch previous value.

• If value is populated do nesesarry coding********

concatenate wa_fval wa_value into wa_value. "" For Eg

perform bdc_field using 'Q0014-BETRG'

wa_value. """ Actual Perform for data update

FORM BDC_FIELD_GET USING FNAM FVAL .

• IF FVAL <> NODATA.

CLEAR BDCDATA.

wa_FVAL = BDCDATA-FVAL.

• ENDIF.

ENDFORM.

Try this and see..

Regards