Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control Listbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have created a search help zsearch.

Now i am creating a structure with 4-5 fields of which to one field I assign this search help.

In my program I define a WA & ITAB with the structure.

now i am gonna create a table control with ITAB & WA.

I am facing a problem here.

First thing is the F4 from the search help is unavailable in the table control for that particular field.

Second: I don't want to add the search help through the screen Attributes because the particular field is a listbox.

Please tell me where i am going wrong...

Regards

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>First thing is the F4 from the search help is unavailable in the table control for that particular field.

>Second: I don't want to add the search help through the screen Attributes because the particular field is a >listbox.

what is the use of List box if you are planning for F4 help. better go for input field. if you want list box then you have to use Search help in the screen attributes. then all the values will be shown in the List box, you can choose the values from the list box ,

0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

The purpose i use a listbox is because i want to see the corresponding text of the input field value and not the value itself.

and if I choose listbox search help option is disabled.

Regards

Vijay