Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost component split costed with value of zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am in big trubble due to this error messge

"Cost component split costed with value of zero"

and with this message a lot of causes are given. some are as follows about which i need your help.

-the quantity structure is not relevant to costing

the part of the cost component split that is relevant to inventory valuation is zero

When i create process order then itemizatoin/cost component view/analysis can be done, also i have run adhoc cost estimate thru ck11n.

But when i run std.cost estimate , then only i am facing this problem.

Please help me as soon as possible. i am in big tuble now.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Pls check following possible things :

1. Costing Relevancy is there in defined BOM components in BOM or not in Status/longtext tab..

2. While preparing the process order, back flush indicator is there for all BOM components in component overview or not.

3. Co-Comp Structure is active or not which u are using.(OKTZ)

Pls confim the same and get back for further query.

Thanks & Regards,

Taral Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friend,

Let me explain again,

this is fresh sap system, there is no cost estimate saved.

Now when i run for ck11n for adhoc cost estimate then i can see the result but after to go raw mateial level system is showing warning message "Cost component split costed with value of zero", I did not try to save.

Another problem is when i run ck11n for std.cost estimate then system is not calculating anything with error message "Cost component split costed with value of zero"

I have checked all config many times. pleae give me ur inputs and also think on it- can it be link to pp config.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the rule for picking up the value for your raw materials? Can the system find something using that rule?

Because the system is telling you it cannot find a proce for your raw material, following the rules that you have given it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Can I know that in which client you are working? Are you doing testing in sand box? What config. you have done for product costing? Have you define Costing variant? Pls hsare all details abount that also. Pls share all points in brief so that I can focus on your missing part of Configuration as well as PP - CO integration.

Pls get back ASAP. Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Taral Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again,

I will send you all config detail.

Actually few days back I have run ck11n/ck24 also and update material price. this a sand box for testing after few days when i run again ck11n then i faced this problem. i discuss with sdn friends and after suggestion i have deleted all cost estimate, now i did reconfigure system. and in term of valuation variant i am using same config for both vairant except in std-update price.

Thanks

I will send u my config. please think is there any impact after delete prevoius std cost estimate after deletion now there is no price update in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Want to add one more thing that company code ccurrency and contr. area currency is different, and already defined in the system.

I am guessing one thing that i read somwhere that have to do something else to maintain std.cost estimate in both currency.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if:

1. Your valuation strategy is defined so as to find a price for each component of your BOM (if there is one) or the material itself. Can you cross-check your Val Strat to see if a price exists for the system to read?

2. Can you make sure all the CEs are assigned to some node of the CCS?

All materials/activities with this error will be marked with a "red" traffic sign. Can you identify the nature of these? Is there a pattern you can read (e.g., all are activities, all are materials, etc.)

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, everything is assigned, as I mentioned earlier, few days back everything was correct.

Now I am able to recall a incident, i think after that I am facing this problem. few days back I activated "cost component split in CO area currency" bcz company code currency is INR and contr.area currency is USD.

Also I read in a forum, before me another one is also faced this problem but soultion is not there.

Now I have deleted this config with the hope that i would get same result, but same.

May be i did earlier something incomplte and after config if deleted then may be any condition.

I hope anybody had fix up this earlier, so waiting for expert comment.

Thanks a lot for you replies.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Thanks a lot for your efforts. It has been solved. I hope I will come with new query shortly )

Thanks

Ravi