cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release To accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Whenever we create invoice through VF01 & save it, it gets released to accounting.

We have this control in billing document types, wherein we can control the release to accounting by ticking / not ticking the "Posting Block"

If ticked we have to manually release it by clicking the flag.

But in my case the tick does not exist, but still the billing document does not release automatically.

Also there is no error in account determination.

Please help where the problem might be.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Closed Since No Answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

use VF02 and check your invoice. check that the account groups both at header and item level are filled. at header level, follow menu path GoTo> Header > Header; then, go to Accounting Data and look for the Account grp field.

do the same for item level by menu path GoTo > Item > Item Details.

if these are the cause of your problem, inputting the right values will now allow you to release the invoice to accounting.

after these, you need to go to your customer master and material master and fill in the acct grp fields.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Please note that there is no problem at all with acc determination due to which it is preventing from automatic release to accounting.

The release happens when the flag is clicked, but not automatic.

Can you please tell me is this becoz of some non standard development & where should I look it for.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether Accounting document no range is maintained or not.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

that is puzzling. the posting block seems to be the only focus. perhaps the posting block in your billing type was unticked only after the invoice was created?

try creating another invoice and see if it automatically releases upon saving. if this still does not happen even without the posting block, please let us know.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs,

Please note that I am finding this very strange behavior, the posting block tick does not exist, account determination is very well correct. This can be verified becoz the posting takes place but obnly when the flag is clicked. There is no place where I can look for to resolve this issue.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

an invoice is usually not automatically release to accounting for 2 reasons:

1. posting block

2. errors

since you have determined that such are not the cases, then is it possible that there is a UserExit or a Z-program running that prevents this?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Can you please tell me which exits should I look for.

I found two exits releated to accounting : USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMKCV

USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMPCV

But nothing in this also, please help

Regards,

Dhananjay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay

In VF02, input the billing document and tick the green flag so that system will give a message.

Please post the message what system is giving. Also please let me know whether the issue relates to only one billing document or it is coming quite frequently.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati,

Yes, the invoice gets normally posted without ant error, it simplt gets released to acc when the flag is ticked.

But as i said earlier this control is only on the posting block tick becoz of which it will prevent its automatic posting.

But in my case its not getting released even though the tick is not there.

Please tell me is this becoz of some development.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto transaction VFX3 and select your billing document and then release it to accounting there we can see detailed error,possible errors might be ,

1.G/L account determination

2.WBS element issue(check wbs element is there in salesorder or not)

3.Costing problem

4.Pricing issues.

Please let me know what kind of error it is ,so that we can look for work around.

Regards,

Chandra