cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-IP Authorizations: Accessing own Cost Center only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently implementing BI-IP in our company. We have created the ready-input templates and we are prepared for roll-out.

There is still one concern though which I haven't resolved. I am currently looking for an AUTHORIZATION that will let users access their respective COST CENTERS only. For example, if I am part of the Marketing Group, then I will only be able to access the budget of my respective cost center.

Can anyone lead me to the right AUTHORIZATION OBJECT in BI-IP to implement this restriction.

Your reply is much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Ramon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of authorization is not exactly relevant to only IP. What you can do is contact the basis team and ask them to assign the desired cost centers to a particular user. Now, use a variable of type authorizations and should be based on the characteristic cost center. Whenever a user logs in and accesses this variable, his relevant cost centers will be automatically populated in that variable.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know what authorization object I should use to limit the cost center? Can you show me a step-by-step process?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Ramon

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

authorizations for transaction data in BI (and therefore in BI-IP) are not based on authorization objects. You have to make the cost center InfoObject authorization relevant and then create so called Analysis Authorizations for it. Please see the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/66/019441b8972e7be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

BTW, you can upload the cost center authorizations from SAP R/3 or ERP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/59/fd8b41b5b3b45fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help Marc! Will look into this.

Regards,

Ramon

Answers (0)