Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance comparison between oops reports and normaal reports

aarif_baig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abapers,

Can anyone tell me that how is it better to use oops reports instesad of normal reports

as there is no difference in select query in both the reports, and if you have any reports which give the same output developed in oops and normal way....

pls provide me with that.... so that i can check....

Regards

Aarif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

the performance tuning doesn't mean concern of data fetch load or reducing database access. It also means reduce ABAP load i.e. load of Application Server.

OOABAP report works directly with memory. not with work area or tempory variable top store a value. So if your program is reached with READ, LOOP...ENDLOOP etc. you can reduce its load by using OOABAP concept.

Getting this think, you can develope an application of your own.

Regards,

Anirban

3 REPLIES 3

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i don't think that there is much difference in the reports.

well the advantage is REUSABILITY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

the performance tuning doesn't mean concern of data fetch load or reducing database access. It also means reduce ABAP load i.e. load of Application Server.

OOABAP report works directly with memory. not with work area or tempory variable top store a value. So if your program is reached with READ, LOOP...ENDLOOP etc. you can reduce its load by using OOABAP concept.

Getting this think, you can develope an application of your own.

Regards,

Anirban

0 Kudos

a good answer indeed,

but that is not going to increase the performance

and if possible can u pls give a real time environment

where oops concept can be used

because i dont think that is usually we need oops in normal business environment