Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Implementation

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to implement SNC for SAP GUI.

While refering help.sap.com, I came to know to know that - If you want to use SNC for frontend components (for example, SAP GUI for Windows), then you must purchase an SNC-certified partner product.

Could you please help me implement SNC with available Windows features like Kerberos or NTLM.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gautam,

Yes, your research is correct. Some of the SAP partner products used Kerberos which makes them work well with Active Directory user authentication. If you need to see a list of the vendors you can check http://www.sap.com/eapcatalog and search for Kerberos or search for snc.

There are no products available which use NTLM, other than a library provided by SAP using this protocol that only works if your SAP servers are running on Windows. This is a less secure protocol than Kerberos so you should use Kerberos instead if you have a choice. The partner products which use Kerberos are able to support your needs for SAP servers running on UNIX, Linux or Windows.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Thanks Tim,

However I still not able to find any document explaining implementation of SNC between SAP Gui and SAP system.

Could you please help me out with the process using Kerberose

Thanks.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gautam,

The documentation is provided by the partner since it is their product you would be using. That is unless your SAP system is on Windows Servers, in which case you have the possibility to use the SAP solution and their documentation.

Thanks,

Tim