Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get value for the field file_id in BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 , the field in tables parameter BAPI_DOC_FILES2-FILE_ID is always coming empty for most of the document

number.

May I know at what type of input condition this fieldd could be populated?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Bala Raja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning,

The file id is only available if the document has been checked into SAP. This is done when the attachments are uploaded to the document, there is a check in button. If the file isn't checked in then the source resides outside of SAP (i.e. on the network or local PC directory).

Darren

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning,

The file id is only available if the document has been checked into SAP. This is done when the attachments are uploaded to the document, there is a check in button. If the file isn't checked in then the source resides outside of SAP (i.e. on the network or local PC directory).

Darren

0 Kudos

Darren,

Even for the SAP reside picture I didnt get the FILE ID.

For example:

SAP Standard picture in the IDES version ECC 6.0

Document Type : DRW

Document No : CPH_5002

Docu. Part : 000

Docu. Version : 00

I didnt get FILE ID for the above input condition in the BAPI "BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2".

Please advice me.

Thanks,

Bala Raja

0 Kudos

Darren,

Is it possible to read the document in binary format by using 'SCMS_DOC_READ' without the input parameter DOC_ID?

Since I am not getting value for the FILE_ID in the 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2'.

Please advice.

Regards,

Bala Raja

0 Kudos

Can I see this code using FM BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2?