cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transport order setup linked to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help from you on MM side if you have any config /Procedure to setup the stock transport order with the following Business scenario.

1. PR from Project in BP0X Plant/Company

2. STO from BP0X to BP01 Plant/Company with Account assignment Cat as 'P'.

3. Vendor PO issue from BP01 Plant/Company

4. GR for Vendor PO in BP01 Plant/Company

5. Stock should be available for STO (Check only) in BP01 Plant.

6. DO for STO and PGI in BP01 Plant/Company

7. Stock should move to Stock in transit

8. Receive stock against outbound delivery using above DO number in BP0X Plant / Company

(Send data thro Interface from SAP to SM-P system )

9. Stock should be available for project to use (Check only) in BP0X Plant/Company

10. Goods Issue for the project in BP0X Plant / Company

11. Vendor Invoice posting & Inter Company Billing

in Both STO as well as Vendor PO Project ID should be copied automatically.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The material master needs to be extended to both the plants. BP01 needs to created as Vendor in the BP0X CC and BP0X needs to be created as a Customer in the BP01 CC. Define Shipping data to plants needs to be done in SPRO/Materials Management.

Thanks

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,All done as SAP Best practices,The stock transport order cycle works if no account assignment.

Now the scenario is assign the WBS element in account assignment in STO ,Now i want the same Project ID in Vendor PO ,this area is not working ,means when i run MRP in BP01 ,it creates PR for STO ,but does not contain Project ID,Means no hard link between STO and vendor po in BP01.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

All the steps are standard, the only thing I can think of that needs setup is the STO config in OMGN. Since you are using the standard plants BP01 and BP0X, the config may already be there.

Master Data

BP01 has to be created as a vendor.

BP0X has to be created as a customer.

Set up the material master in BP0X to be supplied by BP01 as a vendor - MRP2 view Special Procurement key, or create a source list for the material in BP0X to be supplied by BP01.

Assume that MRP is run for BP0X.

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phyllis,Thanks for your quick reply.

By the way these two Plants BP0X and BP01 are from different companies. It is a cross-company STO.

What i have currently the problem is when i run MRP in BP01 plant The PR is generated for STO from BP01.

The PR does not contain any Project ID What is available in STO.

Pl advice.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

Cross company STO is no problem, just need to use ME21N with standard PO type 'NB'.

The STO is just for the transfer between BP01 and BP0X so the project ID does not need to be involved.

I assume you create the Project in BP0X and need the stock to transfer from BP01, so when you run MRP in BP0X the STO PR should be created in BP0X with BP01 as a vendor. If there isn't enough stock in BP01 to cover the transfer, then when MRP is run in BP01, it will create a PR to replenish from external vendor. After the stock is receipted into BP01, then you can created outbound delivery from BP01 and goods receipt into BP0X.

If I misunderstood your problem, please clarify.

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phyllis,

My major requirement is visibility of Project ID through out the cycle from PR in BP0X =>STO to BP01 ==>PR in BP01 ==> Vendor PO==>GR in BP01 ==> DO for STO ==> Stock in transit ==> GR in BP0X for STO.

The Project ID must be copied from PR to STO,STO to PR in BP01 , from PR to Vendor PO in BP01 automatically when ever the conversion takes place.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Haven't done something like you describe before. Suggest you try the following:

1) create the material without an accounting view in material master, meaning making it non-stock. Then the account assignment will be required throughout the process.

2) In the PS component, make the component non-stock (item cat 'N') and vendor BP01. That should create PR without MRP.

There is some setting in Project System that makes the material reserved by the project. You might want to ask someone in the PS forum.

Regards,

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phyllis,

The PR in BP0X has the account assignment as 'P' and later when it is converted to PO also it is copied.

But in BP01 after MRP run the PR is generated as normal PR without any account assignment .

is there any settings need to be done as part of stock transport order in BP01 or any material master settings need to be changed...???

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

From BP01's point of view, it is replenishing to its own stock first and then issuing to BP0X. I don't think you can reserve materials in BP0X for a specific requirement in BP01. BP01 is combining this requirement of the material together with an other requirements from its own plant to generate the PR via MRP.

If you don't need the stock to actually go into BP01 first, you can create the PR to external vendor directly against plant BP0X and company code BP01. This will generate a cross-company settlement between BP01 and BP0X as if BP01 bought it on behalf of BP0X.

Regards,

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramachandra and Phyllis,

I'm facing problems with the same scenario for a customer overhere.

Getting the PR linked to the project can be done by using the correct planning strategy (91 in our system) within MRP3-view on material master plant BP01. This results in a project-segment for the requirements in both plants. However standard SAP does not allow you to perform a Goods Issue to the outbound delivery you create to deliver the project-related stock from BP0X.

OSS answers here that you should always ship from unrestricted stock, Goods Receipt on the intercompany STO will automatically put the goods back into project-stock.

We are still searching for a solution for this last part as we also have project related demand and orders in the second plant which results in project-related stock. This is a link we have to keep.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.....

Pl keep posting any update .

Rgds

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

The Planning Strategy 91 is not a std strategy,Pl can you provide the details of the config.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe the accout assignment Q is ok.

I have the scenanero as fellowing,but I don't want it,

PR with Q in BP0x

rqt transftered to BP01

run mrp in BP01 and the PR with Q----

but i want pr in BP01 without Q

What can I do for it?

Edited by: hellohujun on May 5, 2009 7:58 PM