Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading localfile in backgroundmode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to upload data from local drive(presentation server) to sap in background mode.

As I know ,in the background mode we can upload files from application server only.

but here my functional consultant saying they did upload data from local drive to sap in background mode.

i wanted to know the possibility of this.

thanks in advance.

sastry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now think.. you have shut your system and gone home.... the program is being executed in background.....

whose 'C' drive will it look for ???? And even if you are online... again whose 'C:\dummy.txt' will it look for? unless and untill you have a program in your application server, which can access a particular system to get the file...this requires some ALE settings.... its not impossible.... but at the same time not an option...

If there are no settings to access the file then you get the exception 'NO_BATCH' when you run the program which tries to access a file in the local workstation...

Regards,

Madan...

9 REPLIES 9

former_member181995
Active Contributor

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now think.. you have shut your system and gone home.... the program is being executed in background.....

whose 'C' drive will it look for ???? And even if you are online... again whose 'C:\dummy.txt' will it look for? unless and untill you have a program in your application server, which can access a particular system to get the file...this requires some ALE settings.... its not impossible.... but at the same time not an option...

If there are no settings to access the file then you get the exception 'NO_BATCH' when you run the program which tries to access a file in the local workstation...

Regards,

Madan...

0 Kudos

thank you for your response .

I wanted to know that how to write excel file to the application server .

sastry

0 Kudos

hi,

try CG3Z transaction.

0 Kudos

>

> I wanted to know that how to write excel file to the application server .

Just place a search with term excel file to the application server you will got 1036 results on same

0 Kudos

Hi..

in ur file path give the file extension as '.xls'..

eg..

if w_filepath is your file path,,

then...

w_filepath = /erp/interface/dummy.xls.

OPEN DATASET w_filepath FOR OUTPUT IN TEXT MODE .

regards,

Madan...

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

I'm using file from application server .

sastry.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the settings should be maintained in all the systems who ever running. it is lengthy process. better load the documents to application server and use open dataset and read .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

here the client is insisting to use the localfile/presentation server file in back ground mode.

So please suggest the possib le way.