cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency or UoM conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard that we can do the Currency or UoM conversion in BI7, Query Designer. Is this true? Exactly how this can be done?

Please advice, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the key figure properties goto conversions, there you can do currency and UoM conversions. For currency conversions you should have a currency key, which can be created in RSCUR transaction and for UoM conversion you can create the key in RSUOM transaction. You can define a static Currency or variable Currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Does it mean I must create the Currency Type first in RSCUR, and UoM in RSUOM first, only then I can do the Converstion via the Key Figure properties?

In R/3, we the the currency exchange table. In BI, do we have this?

Please advice, thank you

P/s: Point assigned to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

That is correct, the first step will be to create a currency type, this will be transferred from R/3 to BW. You can see that in SPRO - SAP Netweaver - General settings - Currencies. When you have the currency type, you can create Currency types. You should have atleast one currency key to perform currency conversion in query level.

For UOM conversion, the values can be taken directly from T006 table, which will be transferred from R/3.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

sorry but getting confused.

In SPRO ->General Setting, I can see the Exchange Rate table (RFCU9) and UoM table (T006A).

How can we load the exchange rate and UoM that we have from R3 into BW?

Once the exchagne rate is loaded into BW, I would assume I can display the USD into EUR without any further calculation right?

Example:

1) PO 1112223335 amount is 100 USD in R/3.

2) Extracted this PO into PSA (100 USD).

3) Loaded this PO into cube (it is 100 USD in the cube)

Now, assuming I have loaded the exchange rate from R3 into BW (table RFCU9).

In Query Designer, I have the Amount Key Figure placed in the Column. Now, I can click on the KF Properties ->Conversion tab, and select EUR

as my target currency. When I run this query, I should see 80 EUR. correct?

But how can we load the exchange rate and UoM that we have from R3 into BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To transfer Conversion rates and UoM conversions, in RSA1 goto sourcesystems and right click on R/3 sourcesystem, for exchange rates you can select exchange rates option and for UOM conversions select global settings...

Your analysis is correct regarding the conversion...

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

If I transfer the Exchange Rate via the RSA1 ->Source System ->Transfer Exchange Rate, does it mean this the exchange rate will be

loaded and stored in table RFCU9 in BI where we can see this via BI ->SPRO ->General Setting ->Currencies ->Enter Exchange Rate

Also If I transfer the UoM via the RSA1 ->Source System ->UoM, this will be loaded and stored in T006A (BI ->SPRO ->General Setting ->Check Units of Measurement)

Please confirm, thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Linda,

Please refer the below mentoned links for details of Currency Translationin Bex:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bi/currency%2btranslation%2bin%2bbex

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Umesh