cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert data in the MDM through portal for the foll. fields:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to insert the data from portal to the mdm repository. I am facing problem for the following type of fields:

1) How can a value be inserted from WD application in MDM repository for the field type measurement?

2) How can a value be inserted from WD application in MDM repository for the field type currency?

3) How a hierarchy lookup can be seen as a dropdown as such in the WD application ?

4) How can a value be inserted from WD application in MDM repository for the field of type qualified lookup, multivalued?

Also I have 1 more requirement, i.e., to trigger MDM workflow while inserting data. As a separate task I am able to trigger MDM workflow using UWL but I am not able to integrate screen with the workflow. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are using Java API.

1) & 2) & 4)

Get the Record instance and invoke setFieldValue(FieldId, MDMValue). There are many variation of MDMValue, eg, StringValue, FloatValue, LookupValue, etc. Please check the API. Lastly, use the MDMDataConnection.createRecord to create record.

3) You need to retrieve lookup table values and populate it to dropdown menu in the wdDoInit() method.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am using MDM JAVA API. Julius, the steps you have told are for Flat lookup and insertion of data for general fields.

On populating the hierarchy lookup I am not getting the drop down as a tree structure as in MDM and alll the nodes are also shown as the values in the drop down. Now if user selects any node then it throws a server exception else it works fine.

For the currency and measurement type fields in the MDM there is a lookup associated along with the input field so along with entering the measurement or currency value one needs to select the unit too. Now the problem is how those units can be shown and then inserted to MDM on being selected by the user.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont really understand you question on hierarchy lookup. Did you try with Record.getLookupDisplayValue(FieldID) ?

btw, do you think by keeping the recordId as the key in the dropdown will solve your measurement unit/currency problem?

- julius