cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SAP Systems" selection not showing in SAPinst welcome screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently purchased a NetWeaver Development subscription and am following the installation guide for SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR3 ABAP+Java on Windows with MS SQL Server. However, in the Welcome menu of SAPinst under the NetWeaver selection, I am not seeing the "SAP Systems" selection as it is described in section 4.3 "Installing a SAP system using SAPinst". I only see the selections "Standalone Engines", "Optional Standalone Units", and "Software Life-Cycle Options". Could someone please tell me how I can install a "Central System" on a Windows 2003 Server? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please confirm if the

51033511_11 (BS_2005s_SR3_Install_Master) and

51033517_11 (Solution Manager -Install Master) DVD files are both 32/64 bit or just 32 bit??

I am just wondering if I can use the same files for installation on a 64 bit Windows, since I can't install the Central Instance on 32 bit.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am facing the same problem.

I have downloaded the SR3 from SMP. But luckly I got the dump for SR2 from a friend.

In the SR2 export DVDs, there are 11 exp files. Is this Correct as the SR3 export veriosn has only 3 export files.

Please suggest can I use the SR3 dump (means - Oracle, JAVA comp, Export DVDs) with the Master DVD of SR2 and SR2 Kernal DVD.

Please suggest soon.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please confirm if the

51033511_11 (BS_2005s_SR3_Install_Master) and

51033517_11 (Solution Manager -Install Master) DVD files are both 32/64 bit or just 32 bit??

I am just wondering if I can use the same files for installation on a 64 bit Windows, since I can't install the Central Instance on 32 bit.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fortunately, I saved a pdf version of the note. If someone needs it I could email it to them. -cp

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note 1108852 is very clear. I will try to use a 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003 instead. Thank you for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am currently dealing with a customer which is having a hard time running windows 64 bit on wm ware.

So i also tried the SR3 for win32 bit, since all the files are there for download from SWDC. However the instmaster is only letting me installing either dialog instance, alone engines or software lifecycle options, but no central instance...I have tried to look for note 1108852, but it is not there?

Thank you for input here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction, appearantly i do not have permission to se the note?

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CC,

Strange, the Note doesn't seem to exist anymore...

Anyhow, just take it from me: when you have the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Master DVD, you can not choose the Central Instance installation on a 32-bit platform.

If you really want to install a NW 7.0 on a 32-bit platform, use the SR2 software instead. Afterwards you can always patch up to the latest level.

Kind regards,

Henk Steenwijk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you very much for quick reply...

We have also concluded that the note suddently is "gone"?

So the deal is to install a SR2 and then upgrade...Lucky i still have SR2 installs...

I wonder what the solution would be if we didn't still had the install files for SR2. And what is the official

reaction from SAP when installing SR2 win 32 bit for a customer, since the customer do not currently supports 64bit?

I have tried to talk the customer intto 64 bit, but no luck so fare

On the other hand if they have a large environment running WM ware, then it can be a big job to upgrade!

Thank you very much...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have requirements to install 32 bit, and you not have SR2, you can request DVD's from SAP. In any case 32 bit windows installations are not good,and It is not recommended(you will have problems in the future)It is checked up .

Try to read notes, unfortunately I can not name for memory.

Regards.

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Sergo is right. Just look, for instance, at SAP Note [1108852|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1108852].

Regards,

Henk.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple answer... you got the wrong installation master, you must have more than one Installation master DVD on the box SAP sen't you so look again... if not you can download them from Marketplace.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use 64 bit Windows for installing SR3. If you have SR2 you can install it on 32 bit and after patch to latest PL. (In any case SAP Does not recommend to use 32 bit WIN SERVERS)

Regards.