cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic model access in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We different system landscape. I have to call one BAPI from CRM system using WD model.

my requirements is when I use this application in EPD it has to be call CRD and when I use in EPT it has to be call CRT system without modifying any code in model.

Could you explain how it is possible.

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I guess your referring to the DEV and the TEST landscapes.

You dont have to modify the model code when you do a transport from DEV to TEST since the BAPI using the JCO metadata to talk to the backend system.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you describe what is JCO metadata how it will pointing to different landscape.

I have some other doubt: we have to pass RFC metadata, model instance and SAP system login parameter while create model. But how this RFC metadata can dynamically point to Test environment SAP system with modifying SAP login information which has been given when we create model.

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the JCO destination you select the system to which it points to, also you have 2 JCO connections one is model other is metadata. on the dev system it will point to dev CRM and on test it will point to test CRM

Thanks,

GLM

Edited by: GLM on Oct 8, 2008 9:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Can we create model without giving SAP system login information using JCo connection. Should we give sap login information or not.

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you import the BAPI the logon it asks you is only to fetch the list of BAPI's from the system. This is design time and is needed since you cannot access any data fromt he system without a logon.

At run time its the logon info from the JCO's which does the job of fetching data. Since you must be using SSO or User Mapping the logon credentials will be automatically be passed on to the backend system.

Thanks,

GLM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Krisha.