cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to remove job in u201Creadyu201D mode in sm37

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a job in u201Creadyu201D mode in sm37, I need to remove it.

Had tried Cancel, changing, and deleting it but it doesnu2019t allow me to do so, it either say u201CJob is not active - cancellation not possible!, Job is active. The selected function cannot be performed or Job cannot be modified due to its status.

Had tried JOB->check status. Starting ASA or Planned. Both run a very long time and it doesnu2019t work too.

Does anyone has any ideas howl to remove it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JL

I know it's an old post but just to help someone.

You have to go in SE16 table TBTCO find the job with the status Ready "Y" and edit the table to set Finished status "F"

you can edit this table with debug mode follow the PDF below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e076abe3-6e2c-2e10-b7ab-f1ae650de...

BR

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JL

Please check with tarnsaction SPAD there carefully check what ur requirement. Jobs can be deleted from there..

rgds

Brijesh verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the job in ready status, it should be waiting for resourses to change to active state, select the job and click stop button and later select it and click the trash icon to delete the job from DB.

If the job was shown in the BTC WP list cancel it from there and then delete by clicking on the trash icon in SM37.

you can also try by selecting job and try to release the job and then follow the procedure to delete the job.

Check the job Zombie cleanup, since somtimes jobs even had a problem they still showup as active, try run the job zombie clenup and refresh the job list.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sita,

I had tried JOB->check status. Starting ASA or Planned. Both run a very long time and it doesnu2019t work too,

I can't see the job in SM50 and it is not shown in the BTC WP list, else i would have cancel it with/without core already.

I had tried tried Cancel, changing, releasing and deleting it but it doesnu2019t allow me to do so.

BTW, what is zombie clenup? Mind to share it?

Rg

JL

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JL,

"When you start up an R/3 system, it checks whether jobs with status ready or active are found, although they are not possible in this situation. Any such jobs that are found are set to status Sched. or canceled. Such zombies

can be created when an application server is shut down before the job ends and the status can be updated in the database."

The Zombie Cleanup can be started from SM61.

Before that, have a look on SAP note 519059, this problem is corrected at the next startup of SAP and if you still face this problem, you may contact SAP support and provide them the log.

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 13, 2008 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can't see the job in SM50, else i would have cancel it with/without core already.

The job is scheduled to be running at 4th Oct, however something hiccup and the job stay as "Ready" till now

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J L,

Please check your system log on 4th Oct during the time when the job was scheduled to run and then go through the note and see if the reason matches yours or not.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/739968

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis, system log has nothing related and reason matches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete form sm50 but take some time.

Anil

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JL,

"Job is not active - cancellation not possible" message is expected, as job in "Ready" status can't be cancelled.

The possible reason for the job in "Ready" status may be at the scheduled time, the job was not able to get a free background workprocess.

For background job troubleshooting you can go through this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/51/c0e07d569a11d189200000e8323d3a/content.htm

Do you see any background workprocess for the job running? in that case go to SM50 > Process->Cancel withot core.

hope this helps,

Debasis.