cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating PO - No Commitment item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone please help me resolve the below problem

When I try to create a PO, by keying 'A' in the Account Assignment category, I get an error saying

'No Commitment item entered in item 00 10'

How do I remove the default setting if any in the Funds mgt, to be able to create the PO.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OME9 Setting. Double Click on A. Check the field Status. If Commitment is required field then make it optional or hidden.

Regards,

Jigar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be too late to answer this question.

Please check whether the commitment item assigned to the GL account has financial transaction 40 assigned to it.

If it is not then you need to create a new commitment item with FT 40 and assign it to GL account in which you want to post GR.

Your problem will be solved.

Thanks

Sanjay

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems to be that you are having error message FI311.

Please kindly check the SAP Note 1267998 FI311 - Common issues related to this error message.

In order to check if you have PSM active, you should check in SFW5 component EA-PS. If it is active, the lamp will be yellow and the note will be valid to your investigation. I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have FM (Funds Management) activated? In this case, you have to provide the commitment item either manually or by derivation strategy.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the reply, I tried to enter a commitment item and save the PO, then I get a message

' Fiscal year 0000 not allowed for year-dependent commitment items'

Even though I had created a Commitment item for the Fiscal year '2008'.

Could you please let me know how to I rectify this error.

Thanks

Krishna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use year-dependent data in FM? If you do, you have to maintain the hierarchy variant every year for the commitment items.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply, I am not sure about it could you please tell me how do I check that.. Is there any way I can reverse the FM ..

Because it does not allow me to do any GL postings.

Thanks

Krishna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it production system we are talking about or is it a sandbox? In production, you cannot 'reverse' FM, as some users might do not like the idea If it's a sandbox, you can switch it off in IMG - Activate Global Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for the response.. Its not production.. But when I try to click 'Activate Global Funds Mgt Functions'

I get the below message 'Aktivierung des Haushaltsmanagements ist

erlaubt'

and it goes to the easy acess menu.....

So dont knwo what to do..

Thanks

Krishna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not understand; is it active or not right now?