Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Import of Prospects Error Message "Source File Not Found"

I have just rebuilt our demo webtools CRM server and am having an issue importing Prospects.

I have tried the Excel option and the CSV Option, but get the same error each time saying "Source Not Found" and a back url (which doesnt work).

I have completed the same functional process and am using the same file to Import the Prospects via (Prospecting > Import, choose Excel, select the file, then click the Upload File & Continue icon) on my old server and this new one. I have also done the same using the SAP Vertical Demo's site and it works fine there so it must be some type of permissions issue.

I am logged in as Administrator and the file to upload is on C:, have also attempted the same with the file in a share with 'everyone' having full access but no change.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Regards,

Brodie.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Brodie,

It could be one of two issues.

1) As you have guessed, it could be a permissions issue. This permissions issue comes from Webtools not having permissions to temporarily store the file while extracting it to the database. Take a look at this thread: [New theme for download - WebCRM theme!] and apply those permissions to the whole assets folder (prospects get uploaded to assets/temp/)

2) Is this an excel file or an CSV file? If it is an excel file, make sure the "Sheet" name matches what is in the box (e.g. Sheet1) if this doesn't match it could cause similar problems.

James

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question