cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*How to deal with WBS element in CATS?*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Using CATS to enter overtime, leave and standby times. When you are entering overtime or leave you have to specify WBS element, however i do not want to enter WBS element when entering times for Standby, where do i make this setting and how should i set this up? Help will be greatly appreciated. Points will be awarded to the solution provider

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no configuration for this, you can only make the fields available in data entry section and educate end users to enter the data correctly.

However, if you want to force the user to do this for standy pay, then you can use user exit CATS0003 to code these validations and output appropriatre error messages for incorrect entry.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the system is not supposed to require a WBS element when a person is entering Standby times, but at the moment that is exactly how it is behaving, how do i take care of that. I just want to be able to enter standby times with no WBS element, but when i enter other times such as overtime, the system must make me put the WBS element.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this,

go into IMG customizing for Timesheet, go into Field Selection, choose influencing, and select your data entry profile, What is the setting for CATSD-RPROJ? Perhaps it is set as Required field. Remove the required and select INput.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response, i checked the settings for CATSD-RPROJ and its set to input, i also checked there is a table ZVALID, WBS element is set to space/blank which seems to be ok according to the field definitions. the problem is the settings are all the same in Dev and in Production but in Production it is requesting WBS element but in Dev it is not which is what we want.Any ideas or suggestions?

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like there is some custom validation going on in your system. The Table ZVALID is obviously not a standard table, and this would also mean that a user exit, probably CATS002, or 3 is implemented and doing a lot of custom validations. I believe you should check to see what this user exit is doing, You may need to take the help of an abaper to help you out by debugging if you don't have access to documentation on what has been done.

Let us know if you find out anything.