cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration to control browser caching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am looking for the configuration of the portal settings for browser cache control. I mean at the portal level that affects all PCD objects. I took a look around and found System Admin / Support / Services com.sap.portal.contentfetching service which specifies whether the browser cache is used or not.

I could not find the location that specifies how long the files are held in the browser cache. Does anyone know this?

This is critical to set up properly because it appears our config has the files valid for 3 weeks in the browser. The theme and logon page changes don't show up unless you delete the browser cache. Obviously this is not possible for a large user community!

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure its the browser which is caching and not the proxy server (thats if you have one in your landscape). In a scenario which I encountered I had to disable caching @ the proxy level for my portal domain and things seemed to work pretty much. Hope it works for you too.

Do post the solution when you close the thread.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GLM, No proxy server --- Good thought though --- Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Did you check below help link for validity periods

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1c/3f1c409ce22402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Koti Reddy, but that link only shows how to enable or disable client side caching. There is no mention of validity period.

--Amy