cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLE Object Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a report with a linked Ole Object that is linked to a bmp image in my hard disk. My program rewrites that image every time it needs to be updated and I need to show the changes in my report.

I'm using visual studio 2005 with Crystal Reports 10.2.

So the problem is, that the Ole Object is refresh only the firt time I execute the program, if I show my report it always shows the same bmp image, only if I exit the program and start it again the image is change.

The program is a Windows Form system.

I would like to know how can I refresh the Ole Object every time I open the report.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Luis;

When you added the image to the report, there was an option to Link the file to your report. If this option was not checked, the image will not be automatically updated.

If you did not check this option when adding the image, you will need to edit the report, delete the image and re-add it ensure that the link option is checked.

When the report is refreshed, the image should be updated.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan thank you for your reply,

I have already check that option, the weird thing is the image only refresh the first time I show the report, I don'n know if the crystal report viewer has a cache.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

In CR 10 the only time a linked OLE Object gets updated is when you open the report. This is by design for that version. Works the same way in an application, only refreshes the object on the open method.

CR XI R2 has a new feature that you can link the object through a database field which simply has a string with path to the file in it. Each time the report is refreshed we read the data and update the image.

Looks like you need to upgrade to CR XI R2 or CR 2008 to get this functionality. Also 10.2 is CR Basic that comes with .NET 2005, .NET 2008 comes with a higher version which is a high version of CR 10 and is version 10.5. Both of these are basic so it will not have the XI R2 functionality.

Thank you

Don