Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

login error partner not reached while connecting through SAPGUI

hi,

pl anyone let me know how to solve this problem.

i have loaded SAP GUI 6.2, and when i am trying to make a connection i am getting the errror like that..........

partner not reached (host Sanjay, service sapdb00)

error no. 10061

computer name is "sanjay"

i checked ping its working properly with the IP address of my machine.

kindly do let me know how to solve this.

Abhishek

replied

Hi Abhi,

Don't be impatient, we are close to solve the problem.. I forgot to mention in my last reply..

Please try to login through the GUI after each of the below step to see if its success or not

1) please check if your database is ON or not. for this you login to the machine as <sid>adm, and open command prompt, then type

sqlplus "/as sysdba";
show sga;

show sga shows the memory assigned to the oracle. if oracle is not up, sqlpus "/as sysdba" will give a output as connected to idle instance. (if oracle is not up, start it by running statup command)

2) Please go inside the Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services and see whats the service you have for SAP. it will be like SAP<SID>_<nn> where <nn> stands for the instance no#. and <SID> is for your System ID. (Please post in your next reply What are the services you find starting with SAP* and whether they are in Started status or not. - it not started, right click , start)

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1202542

3) Please check if there is an entry of below in the /etc/services file. and make sure that 3600 is not assigned to any other services. (that you can find out by making a search on 3600 in the services file)

sapms<SID> 3600

4) Make entry 127.0.0.1 in the application server field of GUI where you're giving "localhost" and try.

Regards,

Debasis.

Even though it doesn't look like a gui problem as of now, but I need to mention, its always recommended to have the latest GUI patch or release level if possible.

For these entries every separate word should be separated by a tab key, and if you put these at the end of the corresponding file, make sure you press a blank Enter key.

sapms<SID> 3600
sapdp 3200

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 9, 2008 12:26 AM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question